Burning Joyetech Penguin coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abby Natalia

Jan 20, 2018
My Penguin Coil 0.25ohm just got burn after 2 day purchased...
I decided DYI my burning coil with 3 steps:
  1. Poke 2 holes on top of the coil with a needle and make sure each hole a small twist when poking on it.
  2. Wash with hot water make sure you can see the burn dirt is coming out and also the cotton is almost turn to clean white colour.
  3. Drying the coil with a dry cloth and using a cotton bud to clean the hole. Don't forget drip some e-liquid at each hole before you place it back to your cartridge.
It's work on me.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glad it's working for you now, I will say that some of the methods you mentioned do improve coil life and you can do that with new coils, too. I will note that the wash-reuse method should probably not be used over and over, as over time the cotton will degrade. It may be possible to rewick them though, I'm not sure. If it's possible, I'd imagine you can probably find a DIY tutorial or two on YouTube, if you are looking to save money on coils.

Glad you are enjoying your penguin.

Anna

Larry902

Mar 25, 2018
I've been vaping since 2009 and have tried most of the stuff out there. I thought they solved the wicking problem because I've used the Nova, V3 and the Odyssey which had no wicking problems. They just worked but now a giant leap backward with the Penguin and the wicking problems are back. What's going on? I had the Odyssey which was great but they stopped making the atomizers for it so I had to switch.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread