Burning/leaking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbon486

Jan 9, 2015
I have 4-5 different liquid cartridges. Lately each one of them have been giving me a burning taste while trying to smoke cutwoods monster melon liquid. I would like to think this is a problem with the tanks, but I wouldn't understand why it would happen to each of them unless it is a faulty liquid. (Too thick??) is it possible for the burning flavor to happen because of a battery that is no good anymore? It still charges and holds a decent charge but I'm not sure. Also I am very frustrated with my aspire bdc tank. It continues to leak every time I use it and I have already gone through 2 atomizers. Please help guys. I'm a rookie at these things...

Last edited:

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Heya, welcome!

That's a 30/70 eliquid, so the high VG is very viscous. Your tank isn't getting eliquid to the coil when it glows, so you're getting a harshness. Quick tips:

1. Lower your voltage
2. Take primer puffs (sucking without turning on)
3. Thin your eliquid with some drops of distilled water or vodka in the tank

Others better on the ins & outs of the bdc coils might have other tips regarding the leaking.

Last edited:

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Welcome to ECF! I agree lowering your voltage if you can though some batteries don't let you and usually run around 3.7 volts which is usually perfect for beginners anyways. As for the leaking aspire bdc tank the only thing I can recommend is to try the BVC coils instead of the BDC ones that come stock with them. Though that did not fix my leaking issues in any of my aspire products. But I've read a lot of people use those and it's fixed their leaking issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread