Burnt Taste with my King Mod v2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoskeSubOhmin

Feb 24, 2015
Chicopee, MA
Ok, so I recently ordered a King Mod v2 clone by infinite, just to have another mod to play around with. So my King comes in and I take my kangertech sub tank off of my current mod an 'Fuhattan' and put it on the king. While the tank was working perfectly fine on my Fuhattan, as soon as I started vaping it on the king it tasted burnt.. So I put it back on my Fuhattan to see if it taste burnt on that as well.... When I put it back on the fuhattan it wouldnt fire at all and still wont, so I put it on my girlfriends stingray and it fired normal with no burnt taste.... any suggestions?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
king v2
1960500-2.jpg

fuhattan

1918300-16.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
If you run a 0.2 ohm coil on a mod that has 0.2 ohms, you will be vaping at 2 volts to the coil
If you run a 0.2 ohm coil on a mod that has 0.1 ohms, you will be vaping at about 3 volts to the coil
If you run a 0.2 ohm coil on a full copper mod with 0.01 ohms, you will be vaping at 4 volts.

2 x 2 / 0.2 = 20 watts
3 x 3 / 0.2 = 45 watts
4 x 4 / 0.2 = 80 watts

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Ok so then why the burnt taste on the .5 prebuilt kanger coil? But taste fine on the stingray?

maybe the stingray has the highest voltage drop; then the fuhattan, then the kingv2

but if it no longer works on the fuhattan, either all the screwing/unscrewing merely lost centerpin contact and you need to adjust it again, or some sort of damage happened on the subtank;; I suspect the former;
take the topcap off the fuhatten,
back out the centerpin on the fuhattan,
screw the subtank all the way in ,
then tighten in the centerpin screw on the fuhattan;
then put together and adjust for no battery rattle.

king v2
1960500-2.jpg

fuhattan

1918300-16.jpg

What about the batteries;
I'm guessing it was one battery in the kingv2, a different battery in the fuhattan, and yet another battery in the stingray.

and what coil did you have in the subtank... 0.5 ohm?

maybe the stingray has the highest voltage drop; then the fuhattan, then the kingv2

but if it no longer works on the fuhattan, either all the screwing/unscrewing merely lost centerpin contact and you need to adjust it again, or some sort of damage happened on the subtank;; I suspect the former;
take the topcap off the fuhatten,
back out the centerpin on the fuhattan,
screw the subtank all the way in ,
then tighten in the centerpin screw on the fuhattan;
then put together and adjust for no battery rattle.
yea I tried I still can't get it to fire...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
No im not using the rba portion of the kanger.. just the prebuilt .5 coils... And i just used my troll rda .2 build on the king... that taste burnt also... So frustrating...

if you have a multimeter you can use it to compare what voltage drop you are getting on the troll when the troll is on the different mods.

the subtank has a spring loaded center pin;; maybe the pin is stuck upward and not making contact with the fuhattan
still cant make a connection idk Ill keep playing around with it.. anyway.. so the burnt tast from the king to kangertank only starts coming after about 6 vapes until i let it cool off again.. Any other possibilities.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
still cant make a connection idk Ill keep playing around with it.. anyway.. so the burnt tast from the king to kangertank only starts coming after about 6 vapes until i let it cool off again.. Any other possibilities.

is the centerpin sticking out like in the pic?
2010104-10.jpg

It's times like this that you need to have a regulated mod handy so you can see what it reports on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread