Button Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
So ive had my reo for a couple of months now and just yesterday my button started sticking. Most of the time its fine and will pop back up but sometimew it would stay down and keep firing. I pulled it all apart and gave it a clean even run the whole thing under hot water and it was still happening.
I then went ahead and changed the button to a new one I have and still has the same effect maybe even worse.....
Does anyone have any ideas?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Did you give it an aggressive cleaning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYV702D0mSk (Note: if you have the gold contacts in your mod, skip the filing part....there is no longer a need to do that.)

Also...you can use alcohol to flush your mod...99% Iso propyl works best, less residue is left behind.

When cleaning, work the button over and over again to make sure the water/alcohol is getting all the way around the button.

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
the old button does it show any obvious wear? Does the firing pin put pressure on it or is it bent out of shape? the groove is at the top of the button in this photo.

IMAG1900-L.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I had a similar problem with a used Mini 2.1 I bought that has an added button cap. Checked and cleaned everything thoroughly and inspcted everything with a jewelers loupe. It turned out to be the button lock pin was damaged and jammed up sometimes when firing. I lightly filed the slot the pin travels down but it still hung up sometimes. So I tried to remove the pin but couldn't. I just ground the pin off flush with the button. No lock feature now but the firing pin does not jam up anymore, ever. I carry the Mini in a shirt pocket when I go out for walks or to run arrands and it doesn't fire accidentally. So for my uses anyway I don't see the lock feature as needed anyway, in any of my Reo's for that matter. I have a new spare button I can install to get the Mini back standard if I ever sell it. But that is not likely, it's my go to for when I go out.

Minnaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Australia
Yes the button does have a little ware on it. And my pin looks different to that mine is all brass and curves on the end (where it contacts the battery), I think I worked it out now kinda like what red said but instead of using a drillbit I wrapped some 1000 grit sandpaper around a screwdriver and smoothed it with that which seems to have done the trick. Thanx for all your help guys this whole reo thing is still quite new to me abit more fiddly than a mech.

Glad I got u all to help ;) cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread