Button rattle normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello, this is my first time ever posting. I just purchased a Tesla Punk 220w, and while I was looking it over i noticed the buttons rattle when i pick it up and especially when I shake it. Is this normal? Anyone else's mods have rattling buttons? Thanks a lot for reading
    You will find that there are a lot of different mods that suffer from this to a more or lesser degree. While it doesnt effect the operation of the device, it can be a little annoying. It's nothing to worry about. I have a Tesla Punk that is the same.

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
    You will find that there are a lot of different mods that suffer from this to a more or lesser degree. While it doesnt effect the operation of the device, it can be a little annoying. It's nothing to worry about. I have a Tesla Punk that is the same.
    Hey thanks for commenting. It just seems like its a little more than normal. It works great, just that. Do you think it could be indicating that the buttons may fall out before they should or konk out on me?. How long have you had your tesla 220?

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Is this normal? Anyone else's mods have rattling buttons?

Hi Joel and welcome. I just picked up a few mods that are sitting on my desk and gave them a shake. Only one made a rattling noise--my VaporFi 75 Vgrip, which I haven't used in a long time (maybe because the rattle was bothering me? :lol: ), but even my VaporFi rattles only when I shake it--not when I just pick it up. I don't own a Tesla, but buttons generally shouldn't rattle. It's really annoying. How old is your mod? If it's still under warranty, maybe you should ask for a replacement. Obviously it's bugging you and it's a defect, IMHO.

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
    Hi Joel and welcome. I just picked up a few mods that are sitting on my desk and gave them a shake. Only one made a rattling noise--my VaporFi 75 Vgrip, which I haven't used in a long time (maybe because the rattle was bothering me? :lol: ), but even my VaporFi rattles only when I shake it--not when I just pick it up. I don't own a Tesla, but buttons generally shouldn't rattle. It's really annoying. How old is your mod? If it's still under warranty, maybe you should ask for a replacement. Obviously it's bugging you and it's a defect, IMHO.
    Hey thansk. Yah,I got it 2 days ago. I do have a warranty but The online vendor I bought it from blows me off and says its normal(Element vape). Buts its more than normal. Not sure what to do now, Either Give it away or learn to tolerate it. I know that sounds silly but everything i own has to be PERFECT lol.I appreciate it.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey thanks for commenting. It just seems like its a little more than normal. It works great, just that. Do you think it could be indicating that the buttons may fall out before they should or konk out on me?. How long have you had your tesla 220?
    I've had mine about 2yrs now. Never had a problem with it. Hopefully it's just normal button rattle and nothing else.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hey thansk. Yah,I got it 2 days ago. I do have a warranty but The online vendor I bought it from blows me off and says its normal(Element vape). Buts its more than normal. Not sure what to do now, Either Give it away or learn to tolerate it. I know that sounds silly but everything i own has to be PERFECT lol.I appreciate it.

Element Vape is a decent vendor; I placed several orders with them but never had a problem, so I know nothing about their CS. But if they say it's normal, and Richard confirms that his Tesla rattles also, then maybe it just is a rattler. Have you watched/read any YT reviews?

Sorry I can't be of more help. But if the mod works well? Can you get used to it?

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I know what you mean, I like things to be as they should do. If you cant replace it, keep on with it and see how it goes. Always good to have as a back up just in case.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Yah thats, ill probably get it out ever so often and see how it feels.

https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/tesla-punk-220w-review/
    "The buttons are square in shape with rounded off corners. They have the same clicky feel to them as all of the other buttons have. The buttons on this mod are extremely solid and I have experienced no button rattle at all, even if I shake my mod like a maraca."

Tesla PUNK 220W Box Mod
    "The Build quality of the Punk 220W like the 85W version is very impressive and there is no button or battery rattle whatsoever."

So maybe it's not "normal" after all...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hello, this is my first time ever posting. I just purchased a Tesla Punk 220w, and while I was looking it over i noticed the buttons rattle when i pick it up and especially when I shake it. Is this normal? Anyone else's mods have rattling buttons? Thanks a lot for reading

If I were you, I would go to "thread tools" and edit your title to include "Tesla Punk 220w" so that you will get the attention of actual Tesla Punk 220w owners who can share their experiences. As it stands, the title sounds like you are just generally asking about button rattle on any mod, which won't get you many useful answers.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/tesla-punk-220w-review/
    "The buttons are square in shape with rounded off corners. They have the same clicky feel to them as all of the other buttons have. The buttons on this mod are extremely solid and I have experienced no button rattle at all, even if I shake my mod like a maraca."

Tesla PUNK 220W Box Mod
    "The Build quality of the Punk 220W like the 85W version is very impressive and there is no button or battery rattle whatsoever."

So maybe it's not "normal" after all...
    Interesting. Maybe mines not perfect either then. Mines not loose but there is a bit of rattle there. I didnt worry as just put it down to one of those things. Some of my other mods rattle.

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
    Interesting. Maybe mines not perfect either then. Mines not loose but there is a bit of rattle there. I didnt worry as just put it down to one of those things. Some of my other mods rattle.
    There should be a little play in them, but mine rattles just from handling it.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yah but its drives me crazy, i dont think i can tolerate it :>)
    Try contacting where you got it from and ask if they can send you another one and send that one back to them. Even if it costs you postage and packing, it may be worth it for your piece of mind.

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
    Try contacting where you got it from and ask if they can send you another one and send that one back to them. Even if it costs you postage and packing, it may be worth it for your piece of mind.
    Yah ive contacted them three times. Ive jumped through all their hoops. They even wanted a short video showing the problem, and they still said it was normal. Its absolutely not normal if it buttons rattle as you handle it. Well, atleast the battery is isnt rattling So, I just pulled it back out and popped some batteries back into it. I really like it alot.:>( Hopefully they wont fall out LOL

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    Battery rattle on any mod suggests a poor build quality - it's not that hard to ensure the button is in contact with the internal switch. A lot of devices use a flexible membrane or even a spring to pad out any gap between the external button and the switch it contacts. Similarly, bad design or poor machining can leave the opening in the device too big for the profie of the switch. It shouldn't effect the use of the mod but it suggests more work went into making it look good and saving money than went into ensuring a (reasonable) quality product. Which just about sums up most Chinese vaping devices ;)

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
    Battery rattle on any mod suggests a poor build quality - it's not that hard to ensure the button is in contact with the internal switch. A lot of devices use a flexible membrane or even a spring to pad out any gap between the external button and the switch it contacts. Similarly, bad design or poor machining can leave the opening in the device too big for the profie of the switch. It shouldn't effect the use of the mod but it suggests more work went into making it look good and saving money than went into ensuring a (reasonable) quality product. Which just about sums up most Chinese vaping devices ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread