The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buying a new mod

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dom qp, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello friends & colleagues,

My mod (Asmodus Minikin Boost) is no longer with us. I need to buy a new one, and potentially a new tank.

I was hoping by creating this thread I could get your input on my thought process and also detail that process for newer members. This way I could get some feedback from the userbase to help me make my decision, and there could also be an example of the things to think about for newer members looking around for information.

Using the above, I am looking for (in green above)...
    • Regulated VW/VV mod
    • >= 120 Watts
    • Dual 18650 batteries
    • Portable (i.e. fits in my pocket on most days)
    • Box Mod (although open to trying something new)
    • Classy (not DeWalt power tool/not transformer/not gold or carbon fibre)

Potential Mods:

obs-bat-mod-front-views.jpg
    OBS Bat 218W
    Cons:
    Pre-Order (not yet available)
    $40.27 Authentic OBS Bat 218W TC VW APV Box Mod - 7-218W / 200-600'F (100-315'C) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

9621375-1.jpg
    Smoant Cylon TC 218W
    Cons:
    It looks like an electric shaver
    $60.00 Authentic Smoant Cylon TC 218W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-218W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

9621103-3.jpg
    Vaporesso Switcher 220W
    Cons: I really really wanted this one. But the more I look at it the more it looks like a DeWalt power tool. The removable panels are also gimmicky.
    $52.91 Authentic Vaporesso Switcher 220W TC VW APV Box Mod - 5-220W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 / LE version at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    vaporesso-revenger-kit-nrg-tank-5.jpg
    Vaporesso Revenger X 220W
    Cons:
    Clock looks cheesy. Assuming I can hide/replace it.
    $48.30 Authentic Vaporesso Revenger X 220W TC VW APV Box Mod - 5-220W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / 0.96" OLED / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

MDMwRENFQkYwM0RBNTJGODMxRkE6NDU2NjFhMTE4N2Q2MWFkY2E4OWRkOWI5OGU0MGU4N2Y6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    Lost Vape DNA166
    Cons: I know people love these but they just look so ugly to me. The mix of 'leather' and silver metal reminds me of the stuff they used to sell where I would get keys cut. It looks cheap.
    $139.00 Authentic Lost Vape Paranormal DNA166 TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-166W / 200-600'F / 2*18650 / zinc alloy + resin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    02_2_.jpg
    VOOPOO DRAG 157W
    Cons: I hate the aesthetic again. The 45 cuts remind me of the early 2000s when everyone would do that on their cheap looking websites. Or in their 'sigs' with their photoshop 'skillz'. I love resin/stab wood, but I hate the rest.
    $45.14 Authentic VOOPOO DRAG 157W TC VW APV Box Mod - 5-157W / 100-315'C (200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

As of right now, I think the Revenger is in the lead.

Things I like the look of? hexohm boxes, dotmod, old hanas, vaporshark DNA250/60, all the minikins.

Do you guys have suggestions of mods that more or less meet the criteria I need? I wish I could still get a hexohm clone from fasttech. Should have ordered it earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I love my Therions. Also enjoy my Think Vape Exus Ark. The Ark is more pocket friendly size and weight wise. You might also find it's looks more appealing. Feels great in your hand and has thumb or finger firing. Fire button is responsive as well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
  4. dom qp

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I picked up 2 a few weeks ago, they had a 15% off sale. I got mine for $47 each :)
    It has an authentic DNA250! The mod is really small but heavy as heck, the 510 is solid. A 25 mm atty fits with no over hang, it feels like a quality mod :)
    These mods used to sell for $200, It's a real good price for an Authentic DNA mod :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    CF36C3D1-5D54-4E90-B2BC-886FAA94C739.jpeg 3139BAF7-3833-4FFB-9553-62D990A54CF4.jpeg If you're vaping all day at over 100watts, I'd really suggest a three 18650 mod for battery life and headroom.

I'm using the Lost Vape Tirade DNA250.

It's not the prettiest thing, although looks more neutral in life than it does in photos - and it is heavy, but it's a solid all day plus vape box.

• Like Like x 3
  7. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dom qp

Hey guys, I really appreciate the suggestions. We have a winner.

My birthday is coming up at the end of the month and my girlfriend knows about the mod i've been wanting forever. Something I didn't consider at all because the price.

This weekend we're going to go pick up...

The amazing...

The beautiful...

Hexohm V3

13_1_.png
    I can't wait to post it in the thread!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

I have the Revenger mini and plan on buying the the X. The flavor & vape is awesome!!! The clock can be turned into digital mode or off. Personally I love the classy look of the analog clock.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dom qp

I was a moment away from ordering the X in red when my girlfriend jumped on my mouse like a grenade to tell me she would buy me my hexohm.

I still kind of want one, but I ended up buying a couple new tanks and Cthulu's new squonk module.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    One thing to keep in mind is that when a mod claims to do a certain wattage that is the maximum peak wattage at extremely low resistance and if you use a higher resistance that mod will NOT be able to put out that much wattage. Also it is never a good idea to run anything at max power for long periods of time.

For these reasons, I always suggest buying something that can do at least close to 2x more than what you really need.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    i have the revenger x... i like it.
    what i don't like is the screen scratched real easy.
    they aren't real deep. and you have to look close to see them.. but it still bugs me.

sometimes when i hit the fire button nothing happens.

and it doesn't like the .5 coils. it will tell me ohms too high.

works great with the nrg coils though.
    but most of my tanks are crowns. i prefere .5 ohm coils but had to move to .25 so i can use the revenger x.

• Love Love x 1
  13. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Can you return it? Sounds like something is up with you chip if it will run a .25 better than a .5Ω.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    i don't have a receipt. the company i bought it from had sent me the wrong mod.. i ordered the mini, and they sent the revenger x. they told me to keep it over the phone... so i have no proof of purchase :(

• Love Love x 1
  15. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Enjoy the new mod bro.
    Try and wrangle another of someone else though, I’d hate to think of you being vapeless should the unthinkable happen to this mod :thumb:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I ended up buying a Sense V Jet 230 but I might sell it to my roommates bf and buy the Revenger X as I had originally planned. The Sense is really great but I miss the “feel” of the Revenger in my hand.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dom qp

My original Sig150W seems to never die, and I have a Tarot Nano + a couple random AiOs to tide me over. My Minikin Boost still works in TCR -- it's just in pure wattage mode it can't read coil resistance properly.

Worst case I have some Ego spinners that can put out a big 11 Watts I think.

You can get a Revenger X on fasttech without a tank for 40-50. You could do that and when you get it sell the Sense V Jet. Delivery from Fasttech is ~2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    If you have record of them sending it to you, and your proof of purchase for the other mod, you might be able to get somewhere, if not with your direct supplier, maybe the factory? I'd ask if they'd supply you with proof of purchase in case something goes wrong with the mod "later on" and if they will, maybe directly take it to the company itself. It kind of sounds labyrinthine even as I type it and I'd wonder if I'd even try to go that route myself, but I'd think that might be your best shot at a warranty.

With that said, if you still have funds for a different purchase, perhaps that is the way to go.... :)

Good luck either way and I hope you get something you just adore with no hassles, this time around.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I’m glad bro.
    Nothing wrong with a “big 11 watts” over here.
    That’s my sweet spot ;)

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.