• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buying/Selling/Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hello SG Vapers !

The buying/selling/trading in this social group will cease now. There will be no more. Not openly and not by PM.

ECF only allows this in the Classified Section.

Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum

15. Advertising/Selling in posts
You must not use this forum for advertising. Any post that seems to have been made for advertising will be deleted. Registered Suppliers may advertise subject to compliance with their specific rules. Members wanting to sell and/or buy e-cigs and e-cig related items from other members may only post these items in the Classified section.

For convenience, here are the rules for posting in the Classified Section:
Classified Rules - Updated Often | E-Cigarette Forum

How to get Verified to use the Classifieds :
How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum

The Classifieds are not available to public viewing...only those that are Verified can see them.

Violations could/will put your account in jeopardy.

Thank you
c.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmexyMonkey

Repdetect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Engulfed in Vapour
Hi Classwife,

I, like many others here on ECF, truly appreciate the efforts and time put in by all moderators. You guys are a great bunch. I have only joined this forum a couple of months ago. And I feel totally warm and fuzzy at every turn in this community. The people around here are nice, friendly and amazingly helpful. You guys rock at maintaining such a great and huge site.

I am a little concerned though. You see, considering the laws of our land, trading openly on the classified will be almost certain suicide for us in Singapore.

ECF have flourished to become very much an international community, with people from all walks of life, ethnicity, culture and background creating a place rich in diversity. Therefore each location specific community in this forum is unique. I am just afraid that one size will not be able to fit all.

Will there be any possibility to open a dialogue here for discussion?

Thank you :)

Reactions: HoboClown

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
The difficulties that you have are well understood, it's tough for you.

Yes, each location specific community in this forum is unique, however, other areas also have legal concerns and they manage to follow the rules.

When it comes to the rules...yes indeed...one size fits all.

No buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds.

Thank you

big-fish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Portland
Well said Rep bro...

I too felt the same with regards to the community, folks here are very keen on sharing information as well as knowledge on mods/tips.

I believe Trini bro has highlighted to mods (not exactly sure, think I saw his post on this somewhere) pertaining to our strict regulations on our little island, but seeing that nothing much has change I feel a little disheartened though.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
We understand that your country is very restrictive when it comes to e-cigs, but buying and selling in this group is no more secure than doing it in the classifieds. In fact, it is probably less secure as this would be an obvious place to look if I were looking to catch people breaking those laws.

With that said, there really isn't much of a way for you to be caught unless you're posting your personal information in public. When dealing with classifieds you send your information to the person you are purchasing from, and not in the thread. Therefore, unless the other person was actually a government agent looking to bust people, no one would know. Your personal information, including IP, is not visible to the public.

Vachelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Ocean Dr, Sentosa Cove
I can't believe I even have to post this...

Post # 1 applies to the other ECF Group side too.

Post # 1 applies to all of ECF.

No buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds.

Thank you

Our communication means is not within ECF forums nor groups/PM and should not pose a problem to the administration over here.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
If you feel safer doing things outside of ECF that is your choice (though I see you, Vachelon, are a Verified Member which is needed for using Classifieds here).

CO-OP interest may be started outside of Classifieds but not run (IE you collect some interest, then move it to the Co-Op Discussion sub-forum). All CO-OPs must be approved by Classifieds Staff.

An example of planning would be "I'm looking at starting a co-op, if I get 50 people we can get X item for only 1USD." Then a few people say they would be interested. Then you open up a discussion thread in the Co-Op Discussion sub-forum (can state SG only if you'd like). Once you reach enough people for your Co-Op, the Host must submit the request to run it.

Consider this thread a Rule Reminder for everyone involved here. Any further attempts to buy, sell, trade, etc here will result in an immediate infraction. Be warned that infractions for attempting to buy, sell, trade, etc outside of the appropriate sections comes with an automatic vacation from ECF for a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Now there is need for more. We have added a new section to classifieds for members in Singapore. Please take all your classifieds related posts (buy, sell, trade, give away, co-op, etc) to that section. Be sure to read the rules for classifieds (both general classifieds rules and Singapore specific classifieds rules) before posting.

Singapore Classifieds

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I just saw the post about the link to the classifieds being broken.
The classifieds have been re-done and is much better now ! The link was for the old separate SG classifieds !
This is the link for the classifieds now !
Member Classifieds and Swaps

Classifieds are no longer available to public viewing..
You must be Verified to see them.

Classifieds are publicly viewable now !

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It seems I need to add another note here...

Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum

18. PM spam Conversation Spam
The Private Message Conversation System must not be used for advertising or promotion in any form.
Any Member spamming via Conversations will be banned immediately.

If you receive such a message, (for example - from an Un Registered Supplier) please report it using the Report feature at the bottom of the message.

Remember, you don't know if it REALLY IS a supplier !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread