The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buzz Back-Up Plan

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by HooP OoteD?, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HooP OoteD?

HooP OoteD? Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2012
    Nashville Tn
    I recently received my Buzz Pro. This is my first VV mod and it really blew all of my expectations out of the water. It rarely leaves my hand at this point. With that being said, I only have a V2 starter kit as a back up. I know the day will come that my buzz will need some maintenance and I may be without it for a while. So, I was hoping for some suggestions on a good, cheap, replacement when that day comes. I would love to get a spare Buzz, or a GLV, but I just don't think I can afford it. The replacement doesn't have to be a VV, just something that provides a good throat and decent battery life. I was wanting something in the $50-$70 range. I have been looking at the XS-haler, but just haven't heard enough about, good or bad. I would love some recommendations for any mod or some feedback by those that have tried the XS-haler. Thank you for your time. I value ECF's opinions without question. You guys lead me to the Buzz after all.

2. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    VV box mod from madvapes is always a good choice. Cheap, and it will hit like your buzz. Good back up IMHO.

3. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    For a backup I'd go with a box mod, less durable than the BP due to the plastic body but for back up or when taken care of they are a great value and just as good or better of a vape as the more expensive tubes.

I'd look for ones with a switching regulator, they run a little cooler and have better battery life but the Madvapes vv will do the job great. If it has to be a tube the Lavatube is ok, just use higher ohms with it to avoid the limiter.

4. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    Just in case you'd like to hear it again: A VV Box mod :p

Actually, I just wanted to add that you should remember to get the appropriate batteries for it when you get one. Most of the VV Boxes take 14500s. Get your VV box - Get two pairs of 14500s, two clear plastic 14500 sized battery boxes for storage, and a ziplock bag. Don't charge the batts when you get them. Most manufacturers ship batts at ~40% charge for long term storage. Put them in their boxes, put the boxes in the ziplock, and toss the ziplock in your refrigerator or freezer to keep for a long time until you might need them.

5. HooP OoteD?

HooP OoteD? Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2012
    Nashville Tn
    Thankyou all for the suggestions. A box mod seems like a great option. Are the cheaper ones pretty dependable and is there much of a learning curve for a first time user? The money I don't have is already burning a hole in my pocket.

6. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    I'm a big fan of the Vmod XL & Vmod 2.0 from www.vapage.com. They have a discount code for 20% right now: MOTHER.

7. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I've had a madvapes VV Box for about 6 months or so. It works every time I pick it up, so I suppose I'd call it dependable - I don't carry it all day every day though. My lifestyle breaks plastic mods quick fast and in a hurry. - I have another one that I traded for and I'm not sure who made it (but judging by what the insides look like, I think it's the smoketek one). It has a vericool regulator and does stay quite a bit cooler... but is also more expensive by 20 bucks.

No real learning curve, but I will say that the trim pots on both of mine are very sensitive. Small motions of the wheel = big changes in voltage, so a little caution starting out until you get used to it is advisable.

8. JD408

JD408 Full Member

Apr 18, 2010
    California
    youre lucky. Ive bought 6 of these and they all died.
    They last just outside warranty period.
    They arent dropped or beat up. I work a desk job. at some point I will be sittng there and when I hit the button it just stops and thats it.

9. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    Never had a problem with one. Sorry to hear you had a issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.