Buzz OG Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I just purchased a Buzz OG from a member here on ECF. Being new to the Buzz (not to be confused with the Buzz Pro with the wheel adjuster)

Can I use Non rechargeable cr123 batts in a pinch ( I plan on buying a handful of powerizers but if I find myself out and about and dont get caught without my norms)?

Can I buy a new style cap for top and bottom? I would like to turn off my buzz and if I have to buy caps why not go chrome?

Has anyone tried to convert their buzz to a wheel from the old screw type potentiometer?

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Here is what the manufacturer says..

OK seeing as we have this new report of a man in Florida ( Tom I believe , and get well soon Tom ! ) we need to address this issue.
1. There is a lot of talk on the forums about stacked batteries , I have done extensive research on this issue and have found nothing to show that 2 batteries in series are any more dangerous than a single battery , the problem is SHORTING a BATTERY OUT ! and we have built in protection just for this ! that is WHY I even considered using the Powerizers in the first place ,. we are designers and are well aware of the dangers that any device can impose and we do everything we can to reduce these risks as small as they may be.

2. Venting , all of our mods have 3 vent holes in them , we placed them where they are for a reason ! A. so the gasses that come out of a battery go in equal directions and this neutralizes the forces so it will NOT take OFF like a rocket ! the force push against each other with 3 concentric holes.

3. Shorts : we have a over current protection circuit and a in line diode that will heat up and melt off of the PCB from excess heat over 3 amps in case there is a short in the unit.

4. TOM ( the guy this happened to ) I am Sorry to see you go through this , no MFG wants to hurt a customer ever !! get well SOON .

5. DO NOT USE a Li-ion battery when !!!!
A. the cover is broken or ripped or torn
B. it gets HOT to the touch
C. it has stuff coming out of it
D. It smells funny or metallic
E. you think something is not right with it

If you have any doubts TOSS IT they are CHEAP !!!! dont risk it PLEASE ...

Buzzkill
and the Notcigs team

SOME useful links !
Safety Concerns with Li-ion Batteries
Types of Lithium-ion Batteries
Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Personally, I only use the Powerizer batteries I buy from Notcigs. like he says "Don't risk it PLEASE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread