Buzz Pro vs. Infinity Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMauzer

Oct 29, 2011
Illinois
So I'm pretty settled on getting either of these two for my very first mod, I just have a question about the differences between the two models. From what i gather on the website, they are exactly the same except the ipro is slightly sleeker and longer, while the buzz is a little meatier.

Is there any substantial difference between the two models to warrant the extra price on the Buzz?

Thanks in advanced :vapor::vapor:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The difference is pretty much form factor, including slightly different drip wells. Battery life is about the same.

The BP 16340 batteries are more widely available in the vaping world, though there is no problem getting infinity batteries, including other sources of that size battery.

Buick or Chevy?

At a practical level BP, first through the gate, has more sunk cost in development.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I agree with what's been written so far. The BuzzPro and InfinityPro both use the same electronics and user-interface implementation (thumb-wheel voltage adjustment), so the actual vaping experience should be identical.

Some other differences:

The BuzzPro is heavier, shorter, and more beefy in size. The InfinityPro is lighter, longer, and sleeker.

Being larger in diameter and a bit stubbier, the BuzzPro has a steadier footprint. It won't fall over just because you look at it funny. The taller, slimmer IPro is less stable when standing upright and will fall over if the table is bumped. This is more pronounced when using tanks, which make the IPro seem a bit top-heavy.

The extended 510 connectors on both units make for a less seamless aesthetic appearance with tanks, because of the 1/4" gap between the tank and the body. Tube mods with a flat top (such as a LavaTube or Bolt) look very good when paired with tanks of the same diameter. 5-6ml tanks are visually better-suited to the BuzzPro, while 3.5ml tanks complement the IPro nicely.

The various kinds of protection built into the circuitry and tube bodies of both units is impressive, and---given ECF's recently renewed concerns about battery safety or lack thereof---very meaningful. Peace of mind is a good thing.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
The difference is pretty much form factor, including slightly different drip wells. Battery life is about the same.

The BP 16340 batteries are more widely available in the vaping world, though there is no problem getting infinity batteries, including other sources of that size battery.

Buick or Chevy?

At a practical level BP, first through the gate, has more sunk cost in development.

What Mark said. But ........ Give Buzzetti a little more credit... Lamborghini vs Ferrari is I think a better comparison.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
I love my Buzz...but you won't go wrong with either.

wood_buzz_pro.jpg

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
I might get an infinity or buzz pro for back up. I really like what I've heard. Great solid unit. Just gotta decide which one lol.

Between the two, I really think it comes down to form factor. They are both awesome devices, same technology. What's your main VV?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Thanks boss, I love the turnwheel aspect to it. I was thinking Darwin at one point but i figure it would be straight akward with a tank. The changing watts instead of volts seems really neat though. For one thing I'm not a rich man by a long shot, there are just so many toys though I'll save for. The buzz will probably have to wait a good 6 months.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
Thanks boss, I love the turnwheel aspect to it. I was thinking Darwin at one point but i figure it would be straight akward with a tank. The changing watts instead of volts seems really neat though. For one thing I'm not a rich man by a long shot, there are just so many toys though I'll save for. The buzz will probably have to wait a good 6 months.

By then, I'm sure you will have other options available...to make your decision even harder.

Sanity Challenged

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI
Which is taller the chinatube or infinity?

The Infinity is longer, by exactly the length of the extended 510 connector. I don't know about any of the non-510 top caps for the Infinity, but I believe they are shorter.

To the OP - IMHO, the IPro feels better in the hand because it comfortably fits all my fingers, where with the Buzz my pinky's teetering on the edge. Both of them make giant, delicious clouds so whichever you buy, you won't be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread