Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thats sounds a bit silly. I can't see any harm that it could cause except making lots of your customers very happy. Shame that. Does that mean we wont get anymore of your competitions on your thread here?
The competitions will continue, just on another section of the forum. I am waiting for directions as to where :)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
That's curious... here are the rules on contests that I found in the Forum Rules - they say nothing about requiring contests to be held in the Contests forum:

Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum

32. Polls and Contests
a. Any event decided by voting, or polls, or contests, run by and for members or groups, cannot be termed 'ECF xxxxx Of The Year' or similar as this gives the impression that ECF has sanctioned the event and has some input into the conduct of it, or has requested appropriate quality standards where the poll is for a product. ECF would require independent proof of safety standards or similar. Such private events must be termed 'ECF Members Choice xxxxx Of The Year', 'ECF [Group] xxxxx Of The Year', '[Group] xxxxx Of The Year', or similar.
b. No contest may exceed 2000 post. Any contest exceeding this amount will be closed without notice.

However, in the Member Contest Rules and Guidelines post (Member Contest Rules and Guidelines | E-Cigarette Forum) in the Contests section it states that "Contests are held right here - by members for members".

I've seen contests run in supplier threads before but I didn't know about a rule.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Well ... Billie, a workaround:

Next time you could tell us to send you a pm here in ECF if we want to win a giveaway xy that you published on Facebook ... that would be a FB contest communicated here and not a ECF contest.

PS
But even if you want to publish somewhere else as instructed by ECF, then you can link to it here, I suppose.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well ... Billie, a workaround:

Next time you could tell us to send you a pm here in ECF if we want to win a giveaway xy that you published on Facebook ... that would be a FB contest communicated here and not a ECF contest.

PS
But even if you want to publish somewhere else as instructed by ECF, then you can link to it here, I suppose.
Running a FB contest and linking it here will again get the wrath ~ I've faced that music :( tho in a very soft tone. So, that postscript pointer of yours seem right. Run it as ECF tells you and post that ECF link here.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^^ As a supplier you only can run "two" concurrent threads I believe. Besides if it is a 'contests' thread - it must only contain matters relating to the contest/s. And that 'contest thread' is part of the two thread rule - a third for it not possible IMHO.

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
^^ As a supplier you only can run "two" concurrent threads I believe. Besides if it is a 'contests' thread - it must only contain matters relating to the contest/s. And that 'contest thread' is part of the two thread rule - a third for it not possible IMHO.
Exactly.The "window" though in this sutiation is that I have one thread in this section (Suppliers section) and the other is in the Europe manufacturers section. So technicaly, I have only one thread here, so I can make a second. Rules...rules everywhere :D

Reactions: qorax

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I think that ECF needs to promote By Leo to a Forum Supplier so Billie can create as many threads as he wants. :thumb:
I actually asked for it and I am currently on the waiting list. They said it can take up to 6 months or even more to be accepted. :)

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I actually asked for it and I am currently on the waiting list. They said it can take up to 6 months or even more to be accepted. :)

If they asked me, I would tell them Billie is the best Supplier (of exquisite support for his products in a pleasant atmosphere) I know so it will be a win-win situation if they promote him higher on that magical list.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Congratulations @btobw

And thank you very much Billie. We love this giveaway and it might get lost in the wash.

Can you call it a giveaway rather than a contest, or is that the same in the eyes of the forum. I suppose it will introduce your products to a different set of members but it might get a bit hard to manage. :(

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
If they asked me, I would tell them Billie is the best Supplier (of exquisite support for his products in a pleasant atmosphere) I know so it will be a win-win situation if they promote him higher on that magical list.
Thank you very much! :D

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Congratulations @btobw

And thank you very much Billie. We love this giveaway and it might get lost in the wash.

Can you call it a giveaway rather than a contest, or is that the same in the eyes of the forum. I suppose it will introduce your products to a different set of members but it might get a bit hard to manage. :(
It's the same for them. Unfortunately I will have to do it :(

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oh wow! Thank you Billie for such a generous prize. Lately I have been trying a few new juices, so a dripper will be most useful!

I spent last night cleaning and rewicking my Calix, which is now looking beautiful on my newly polished brass bOd Mecha. This must be a reward for shining up some of my ByLeo goodies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread