Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
5eac14241626db2af7ab97b4c15226c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The top looks OK from that angle. Check if the plastic set is firmly in place and it is not wobbly with the pole inside. On the pole you need only check the top of the pole (where it connects with your atty) to make sure it is smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I added one more pic above for your view!!
Do you clean with alcohol soak or just soap and water?
I also just noticed that unless the ring is fully open, it doesnt fire at all!! I know that this is not normal either.....aaargh!!

Last edited:

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I did more troubleshooting....for some reason, the bOD doesnt like the Derringer rda too much!! It has a long pin and fires great on other mech mods but when I put the Calix or Origin RDA on the Mecha, it fires great!! But why not the Derringer I ask?? The Derringer fires on 3 other mech mods and really does have the longest post/connection of all!! The build on both RDA's are .4 ohms. I also notice the bottom cap/spring gets a little warm when chainvaping the RDA's...is this normal? Just trying to get all the pieces out there for possible suggestions!! Dont mean to be a bother as I love my by Leo gear. Oh ye,a, I do have a polished bOD Mecha but I dont have a polished section to be in 650 mode with low ohms I would feel safer!! I guess I could extend to just give it a try!! I actually need a polished section, I will see if they are in stock! Any suggestions to this delimma?
Thanks

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I just checked your new pics. The top of the pole seems a little uneven. You can sand it with a VERY fine sandpaper to make it more even.
It doesn't matter if you have a polished or satin section as it is the same metal. The telescopic part works the same way as well. You can feel the bottom getting hot because your battery is getting hot with the low ohm setups and at the bottom we have the thinner part and the air exhaust which releaves the battery from its heat.
On the MECHA, it doesn't matter how tall or short the 510 connector of each atty is, as the pin of the MECHA will go all the way up to reach the atty. :)

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I just checked your new pics. The top of the pole seems a little uneven. You can sand it with a VERY fine sandpaper to make it more even.
It doesn't matter if you have a polished or satin section as it is the same metal. The telescopic part works the same way as well. You can feel the bottom getting hot because your battery is getting hot with the low ohm setups and at the bottom we have the thinner part and the air exhaust which releaves the battery from its heat.
On the MECHA, it doesn't matter how tall or short the 510 connector of each atty is, as the pin of the MECHA will go all the way up to reach the atty. :)
Thank you very much for your comments as always!! But....the 510 pin is fixed so how can it compensate for all atty's...curious minds want know! Also, I know that the ring is afc, should it fire at half open as well as fully open?

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thank you very much for your comments as always!! But....the 510 pin is fixed so how can it compensate for all atty's...curious minds want know!

When you push the top part of the MECHA down, if you look in the MECHA from the top, you will see that the pole starts to protrude more and more, the more you push the top part down. So no matter how short the 510 connector of an atty is, it will reach it. To be more specific, you push the whole atty down with the top part of the MECHA, until it reaches the pole. The only difference a long connector will have compared to a short connector is that the top part of the MECHA will need less distance to reach the pole :)

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
That makes total sense. I didn't realize that!! Now not to beat a dead horse....the bOD mechanis working fine with all attys except the derringer which works on all other mods. Makes no sense other than I won't use the bOD and Derringer!!! Wish I knew just because!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
That makes total sense. I didn't realize that!! Now not to beat a dead horse....the bOD mechanis working fine with all attys except the derringer which works on all other mods. Makes no sense other than I won't use the bOD and Derringer!!! Wish I knew just because!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really believe that sanding the top of the pole will help, or you can get a platinum plated brass pole which provides more current :)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Just out of curiousity, I remember being mentioned that fixed length bOd tubes were also going to be made in 350 and 500 lengths?
Yes. But there is not much demand, so it has been moved back until the more needed products are out. They are still in the picture though :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread