BZ2 - "Kool Mint"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Partially inspired by http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/203187-smooth-menthol.html

I have been on the hunt for a recipe that's close to "Green Mint", which I think is Dekang. Whatever it is, it's at the B&M store here, it's one of the few I buy. It has a wonderful, sweet, non-spicy mint taste with a good finish.

The smooth menthol recipe in the link above has a great flavor, but as people replied in the thread, it's some intense stuff. I stumbled on this recipe while trying to make a toned-down version of "smooth menthol". It's not quite the flavor of the Green Mint, but it has the toned-down taste I was looking for, and the vanilla ice cream gives it the sweet aftertaste rather than the almost peppery kick that straight mint+menthol leaves.

I recommend over 50% VG in the base for this one. I'm usually a fan of 70/30 PG/VG but to get that smooth body to it I use 33/66 PG/VG here.

BZ2 -- Kool Mint

5% Wintergreen
2.5% Spearmint
5% Ethyl Maltol
5% Koolada
1.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% Menthol (10% in PG)

Steep overnight before you play with the koolada and vanilla amounts. It will get "cooler" and the vanilla will blend in noticeably.

Enjoy and PLEASE let me know if you play with this flavor. I'm still pretty ripe to DIY and am always looking for new ideas on how to tinker with flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread