Calling All E-Cigar Users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Judging by all of the threads & posts I have read (when the forum is up), there aren't too many people out there that use the E-Cigar. I even tried a search for any E-Cigar reviews on the forum, and there were none. I'm an E-Cigar vaper, and I love it. Even though it is bigger (and a little heavier), I like the way it looks more than all of the pens and mini models out there. My purpose for starting this thread is to get more feedback from anyone else out there that is an E-Cigar regular. I know that the style is pretty much the same between manufacturers, but I have noticed differences in quality. I have so far bought E-Cigars from njoy (crap), E-Smoke Stop (Much Better), and from Puresmoker (Best So Far). The reason I started this thread is because I would like to get more info about any other E-Cigar suppliers or retailers that I haven't yet bought from. I want that info from some other fellow E-Cigar Aficionados. Thanks, and ya'll have a great day!:thumb:

TT

Last edited:

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I have 2 E-cigars from PS. I bought them thinking I would spend less time topping off and recharging batteries. Since then I purchased the USB passthrough for my penstyle so that's my primary device. The issues I have with the E-cigar are:
1. Cart/mouthpiece screws in - Not a fan of this design, as the twistising motion tends to fray the cart material when contacting the atomiser. I have had the cart wool stick inside when removing to top off.
2. The airflow/draw is a little too easy for me. I prefer the resistance on the penstyle.
It does provide great vapor, but the airflow issue affects the taste and overall total experience. It's just not the same.

I really had high hopes for my E-cigars, and I do use them, but they're not my favorite. :yawn:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I have a few blings (from Wayne, HeavenGifts). I've also had a hand-switch cigar from DealExtreme, and a Janty-cigar.
Janty-cigar lasted about 3 weeks; DX-cigar fell apart in about the same time.
My blings are my most trustworthy devices so far. More trustworthy then any other device including pen-models, mini's and other cigars.
First one lasted 4 months, then the coil went (and it got replaced without trouble: 5 years guarantee if you use the original Ruyan-cartridges in them) (no guarantee if you don't but even then they to tend to live a long time too).
Many bling-users in my country; and quite a few use them for more then half a year allready with them still going strong.
You can drip and use cartridges equaly well in them. The draw is a bit hard for me, but I prefer very light draw so for most it will be just fine. They come in five colors (titanium, silver, black, gold and wood) - except the wood they all have inscriptions on them that is said to be a poem in old-chinese.

Last edited:

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I have a couple blings too. SUPER quality. Bling carts are a bit weak for me though, and they don't work well at all with other fluids because it has a very cold atomizer, only the Ruyan carts work well in them.

Also have 3 DX cigars, the paper wrapped ones. JC killed one, I wore out the battery in the second (but it still works great between charges) and a third I'm only using on occasions now.

I tried puresmoker cigars this month... they smoke grrreat :) I might be unlucky, but two of them packed it in already with switch problems :) I really enjoyed them while they worked, though. We'll see how the third does.

There are two kinds of generic cigar, DSE701 and RN4062. I really like to know which is the PS version I have, because I'd like to try the other one to compare.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com

phoenikas

Dec 21, 2008
I have switched from e-cigarette to E-Cigar for the last 2 months and I like it much better than any other product I've tried so far(901 , NJOY Pro ...)
The larger size of it VS the e-cigarettes is not a problem and in exchange you get:

- much better battery life: i'm using 2-3 fully charged batteries per day (heavy smoker of 2 pack a day prior to e-smoking, currently at 3-4ml of e-liquid daily)
- inexpensive batteries: Li-Ion 10440 for $2.95 at: batteryjunction . com
- reliable atomizers: with and average of 4 weeks heavy vaping, without cleaning and/or rotating
- strong and steady vapor production using PG e-liquids (Puresmoker, JC ...)

I highly recommend it along with Steve @ Puresmoker where I'm getting most of my supplies :thumb:

500mAh for the UltraFire 10440 is over rated but you can't go wrong at this price

Judging by all of the threads & posts I have read (when the forum is up), there aren't too many people out there that use the E-Cigar. I even tried a search for any E-Cigar reviews on the forum, and there were none. I'm an E-Cigar vaper, and I love it. Even though it is bigger (and a little heavier), I like the way it looks more than all of the pens and mini models out there. My purpose for starting this thread is to get more feedback from anyone else out there that is an E-Cigar regular. I know that the style is pretty much the same between manufacturers, but I have noticed differences in quality. I have so far bought E-Cigars from NJoy (crap), E-Smoke Stop (Much Better), and from Puresmoker (Best So Far). The reason I started this thread is because I would like to get more info about any other E-Cigar suppliers or retailers that I haven't yet bought from. I want that info from some other fellow E-Cigar Aficionados. Thanks, and ya'll have a great day!

TT

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
Being a lover of cigars and pipes. I love the concept of e-cigars (and e-pipes) - I've just personally not had much luck with them :( But a lot of that may be me, I am one HEAVY vaper, and will puff on the things like an everlasting pipe.

Shimmers - I love em, I love the feel, the look and the weight. The mouthpiece is the only minus (not cigar like), also screw in carts - if the internal tangs aren't prominent enough this can lead to the filler catching on the bridge = that lovely burnt polyester taste (we need a barf smileyhere)
BUT!!! I have killed 4 in 6 weeks (2x cold, 1x I naffed the switch, 1x 'its just dead Jim!') - Simon has been great at replacing them, but we both admit, we just do not think they are up to me. :(
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 3/5 Would be 4/5 if I could get them to last, & 5/5 if had carts like Gammucci.
Taste - Carts 2/5 - Blanks with liquid 4/5
Battery Life - 3/5 - Initialy great, but they soon degrade.
Cost 4/5 - can't really fault them for price - IF they lasted me better.

Ruyan disposable - bloody fantastic! Great Taste, huge plumes of vape, really great mouthing stuff. Lasted me 6 nights of almost constant vaping (after dinner till bedtime), loved the general feel and action of this thing, and I was very sad when it went - Its a LOT better quality than its copies.
I pulled it apart - one MONSTER of a battery - wish they would make it semi-disposable with charger (3 carts and chuck) if they did (i.e. price for starter with charger, then cheaper for replacements without) I would buy them reguarly (if the price was right)
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 5/5
Taste - 5/5 - almost worthy of a 6
Battery Life - 5/5 - can't fault it for what it is sold as
Cost - 3/5 Little pricey for a smoke n chuck (with import p&p etc.,)

Heath-e rechargeble - Took a chance on this - & at this price I considered it as a 3 carts and chuck semi-disposable. But the carts tasted totaly rank (so I drained em and filled with TW and e-cigs cigar = much better).
But the battery life is cr@p lucky if it lasts an hour, origianlly it wasn't bad (no wherew near the Ruyan though), but it went down hill VERY RAPIDLY (like after 2 recharges) -
I did consider pulling it apart to see if I could up the battery, or just smoke it with the charger plugged in, as the atmosier seems pretty good, but its all black epoxied in :(
Wrapping is nowhere near as good as Ruyan either.
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 3/5
Taste - 1/5 - good if you replace with your own.
Battery Life - 2/5
Cost - 4/5

Ruyan disposable copy - Rank cartridge, worked quite well with my refilled carts (about 6 nights) - but wrapping was not very good. Came away round the mouthpiece. Smoke and dump - but no comparrison to the Ruyan - Not pulled this one apart yet.

Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 3/5
Taste - -1!/5 - As Health-e
Battery Life - 4/5
Cost - 3/5

Gamucci Premier - Prezzybox were doing these at £8.99a pop, so tried one over xmas. (well its avbout what you would pay for a couple of pub cigars) I Loved it! - Pretty strong flavour (reminds me of a pub cigar, compared to the smooth almost cuban style Ruyan) and kicks like a mule wearing steelies.:sneaky:
Fantastic mouthpiece! (round and hard rubber plastic thingy - that you can bite on!) wrapping quite decent. Green light on end (so anti's can see its not a real one)
BUT! Only it lasts about 2 nights (1 whole day)
However, cos I got a £5 voucher off PB - I bought 3 more for nights out
Hidden Bonus! - once dead - rip it apart and you have a standard e-cigar (bling style)battery in there (need to desolder where the tags are soldered to wires though) - not great, but it IS rechargable and good for backups.
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 5/5
Taste - 4/5 -
Battery Life - 3/5
Cost - 4/5 get these babies down to about £7-50 and I would stock up for nights out - I imagine these would be great down the pub with a pint of porter or the black stuff!

TW & e-cigs Cigar Liquid (high) - Gonna lump these together, as to be honest I can't put much between them - quite strong, one hell of a throat kick (can't call it a hit, more like hob nail booots than a punch) Both remind me of what I would call dark cigars, bordering on the cheroot. Great if you like that kind of thing (I do)
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - n/a
Taste - 4/5 -
Battery Life - n/a
Cost - 4/5

e-cigar carts (for bling style) - Nothing like any cigar I ever smoked (and I've smoke a few plantations worth) - ok for an emergency, other than that - blanks plus liquid.
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - n/a
Taste - 2/5 -
Battery Life - n/a
Cost - 3/5

Others:I've Not tried a Bling yet (been spending too much money trying to find products that can stand up to my abuse) - but after killing so many Shimmers, I am not sure about stumping up that kinda dough for these.

I also want to try the Ruyan vegas liquid from the Janty site cos if its anything like the stuff in the Ruyan Vegas/Disposable I'll have a couple of gallons of please.

Note: to give some the idea of how heavy a smoker I am/was. I DO inhale cigar and pipe smoke down to my toes AND I LIKED IT. I love the taste and flavour in my mouth, but also want that deep rooted hit from a deep draw of tobacco. This isn't trying to be macho, as Friday says: 'Its just the facts maam' I love to smoke & I like strong tobacco.

Last edited:

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Gamucci Premier - Prezzybox were doing these at £8.50 a pop, so tried one over xmas. (well its avbout what you would pay for a couple of pub cigars) I Loved it! - Pretty strong flavour (reminds me of a pub cigar, compared to the smooth almost cuban style Ruyan) and kicks like a mule wearing steelies.:sneaky:
Fantastic mouthpiece! (round and hard rubber plastic thingy - that you can bite on!) wrapping quite decent. Green light on end (so anti's can see its not a real one)
BUT! Only it lasts about 2 nights (1 whole day)
However, cos I got a £5 voucher off PB - I bought 3 more for nights out
Hidden Bonus! - once dead - rip it apart and you have a standard e-cigar (bling style)battery in there (need to desolder where the tags are soldered to wires though) - not great, but it IS rechargable and good for backups.
Silk's Cigar Rating
Design/Style - 5/5
Taste - 4/5 -
Battery Life - 3/5
Cost - 4/5 get these babies down to about £7-50 and I would stock up for nights out - I imagine these would be great down the pub with a pint of porter or the black stuff!

hi mate,

glad to see your score tallied up to my video review of the gamucci disposable cigar that i done yesterday. i had never tried an e-cigar before so i had nothing to compare it to but i now feel as though the 8 out of 10 i gave it was definitely an accurate score.

i also agree with the price problem and in fact i added a link to prezzybox at the end of the review. i did notice that the price is only till the end of january though. and yes, the battery lasted a full day of heavy use. great if you fancied just one cigar worth of vaping a day........it could last a week then. but if you wanted it all day, every day then it would work out way too costly!

by the way, i live in Romford too! small world eh!

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
igetcha - LOL I saw your vid just after I did all that. (you won't see me on vids - the lenses aint robust enough) but yes looks like our thoughts were about the same - That kick when you get going though is a doozey isn't it :)

Forgot it was actually £8.99 on prezzy (plus p&p) - service isn't bad and I got a £5 off your next order over £20 voucher - so I went back and bought 3 :D

I agree you wouldn't smoke them day to day, but if I was going out.... you bet! especially as you know you wouldn't need nothing else. Just need to get that price down a little more methinks - I mean, night out in a pub (in the days you could smoke in them) and I would often buy 2 or 3 fair sized pub cigars = about £9 - and I reckon this lasts longer than 3 cigars. And unlike the bling styles it actually feels like a cigar.

If you liked it, and you get a chance try the Ruyan - its gorgeous, almost cuban smooth, but again a bit pricey (£25ish by the time you p&p) for a smoke n chuck? But it really has that big cigar feel and taste and lasts nearly a week of nights (well for me - anyone else, probably 2 :) )
Get them down to £15 all in, and I would consider them more often too.

Best of all I could vape it all round the house - wouldn't dream of that with a Romeo & Jullietta - 3 hours of that puffing like a steam train and my wife would chuck me out!

re: Romford - actually just outside it (Chadwell Heath?) - Might see me vapin in the Liberty over the weekend though, or out in Hainult Forest of Fairlop with the dog (Norwegein Elkhound)

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
silk,

im not a great cigar lover myself but it was sent to me for a review so thought i would give it a try. i really was quite impressed with it and even the wife thought it tasted just like a cigar. the hit is also very strong, again just like a real cigar.

indeed, they would be fantastic if you was down the pub celebrating an event etc. i can well imagine handing those out to friends while raising a toast to a happy couple lol.

i live on the border of collier row and my house actually backs on to hainult forest! i will keep a look out of the back window to see if i can spot a man walking a Norwegein Elkhound whilst vaping on a big fat cuban! lol

let us know how you got with vaping in the liberty shopping center. do you know the vision express in there? i was a manager there for 10 years before i re trained as a plasterer. most of the security gaurds in the liberty are ****s so it could be interesting to hear how you got on!

^^^^ lol, i cant believe the forum wont allow the word t.w.a.t

Last edited:

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
Got to admit I'm not really brave enough to vape too openly - just can't be fussed with the confrontations, by ignorant people. So I've learnt the art of secret vaping (hand over e-cig - inhale, hold for a second or two and exhale = no visable vapour) looks more like using an inhalor to anyone else.
You'll spot the Elkhound before anything else - only one in the whole area - sort of looks like a compressed Husky.... lol

I tried vapin on a Cuban but she wasn't too happy about it (neither was the wife :D ).

Back on topic - agree with you Tribal - when they work they're great, cart life far outdoes any regular e-cig. But I just keep killing them! - tried cleaning/not cleaning, you name it. I've tried it, the only one the switch died on was one I had cleaned thoughrally using the techniques from Ruyan for the bling. The others just went cold (light on, but no vapour)
I'm on my last atomiser now, and am using the 80c mod (USB) to see if that keeps it going, but at this rate of failure it is my last hope.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada

Gamucci Premier - ....
Hidden Bonus! - once dead - rip it apart and you have a standard e-cigar (bling style)battery in there (need to desolder where the tags are soldered to wires though) - not great, but it IS rechargable and good for backups...

I've not seen this one before. Does it have a replaceable cart too? Or so way to fill it?

And the battery IS rechargeable, but no charging plug, strange...
What kind, NiCad, Lithium Ion? Volts?

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
RjG - I don't think the battery was intended for anything else but to chuck out with the cigar. I just happened to be the sort who thinks it interesting to pull things apart and have a looksee :p

The battery is 3.6v no mh rating on it but has this:
10450M - 3.6v
www.gamucci.com

As Porky says - that's all folks. Dunno about Lion or nicad, it takes about the same time to charge as the Bling ones.

I just had a feeling, & had spare chargers from my Shimmers, and thought it was worth a crack - and it certainly does not charge anywhere near what it was when it was new (and i ain't pulling one of my unused ones apart for ya :D) but as a keepsee for emergencies it does the trick and will give about 2hrs (if your lucky) in a bling style e-cigar.

I not a battery whiz, but would love to know how they squeeze that much extra juice in them to start with.

Cart could be re-filled is kinda like an longer version of a super - but the battery always runs out well before the cart does.
Mouthpiece almost fits the Shimmer but is a push pull instead of screw. (cart is thinner too, but also about 1/4" longer)

If I had more skill with small electronics these days (thanks arthritus :() I might try and use the battery connections from a dead shimmer just to see how long the atomiser would last. If I get a good day - I still might, when I've finished these 3.
Been thinking about trying a hard usb wire on my dead Vegas too - again just to see how long the atomiser would last. I do miss it, but can't afford to smoke them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread