can 401 charger be used for 510 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m401 user

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Hi, i want to check out Joye 510, while i´m using my good ol´ m401. I´m planning to buy spare parts only, not whole starter kit. Question is, if i plug USB charger cord to my m401 wall charger, will it work ? These two model´s chargers seems to have slightly different el. values printed on them. Or do i need to use strictly 510 charger to charge 510 battery ? will be only 6USD more, but i will like to have hassle-free universal one-charger solution.
Thanks in advance.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi, i want to check out Joye 510, while i´m using my good ol´ m401. I´m planning to buy spare parts only, not whole starter kit. Question is, if i plug USB charger cord to my m401 wall charger, will it work ? These two model´s chargers seems to have slightly different el. values printed on them. Or do i need to use strictly 510 charger to charge 510 battery ? will be only 6USD more, but i will like to have hassle-free universal one-charger solution.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure. All the usb 'universal chargers' that I've seen say they charge the 510, 801, 901 and KR808D-1 but don't list any others. The compatibility chart says the threads on the 510 are the same as the M401 but I saw recently someone saying that while the threads were the same they were reversed. I'd guess 'no'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread