Can ANYONE make a chocolate concentrate...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
...without it tasting like a hospital toilet!?

Well, that's 30ml down the sink.

Can ANYONE make this? Or is it an unattainable thing in vaping? I've tried so many - and they all taste artificial, with a horrible chemical aroma.

Thoughts...?

First of all, why don't you Post the Recipe you used to make that Hospital Toilet e-liquid.

Then tell us how long you let it Steep.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
First of all, why don't you Post the Recipe you used to make that Hospital Toilet e-Liquid.

Then tell us how long you let it Steep.
So you're saying it will taste better when it has been steeped?

I suppose that might be a possibility. But I haven't got time for that, I just need to make it and vape it.

In the interests of experimentation, I'll leave some lying around in my dark cupboard for a few weeks. Then see what it's like.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Yep. Just about All DIY Mixes benefit from 4 ~ 7 Days sitting in a Cool Dark Place. And None that I have ever read of have gotten Worse from a Week of Steeping.

Some may Argue that e-Liquid "X" needs at least Two Months. Or that they Steep best in Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle with 1 Hour per day of David Sanborn or Tom Scott played thru KLH Speakers.

All that is Debatable. And kinda a user thing. I've found that steeping reaches a point of Diminishing Returns after about 5 Days. But if Two Months combined with some Good Jazz is what One finds to be the Best, then Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
Yep. Just about All DIY Mixes benefit from 4 ~ 7 Days sitting in a Cool Dark Place. And None that I have ever read of have gotten Worse from a Week of Steeping.

Some may Argue that e-Liquid "X" needs at least Two Months. Or that they Steep best in Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle with 1 Hour per day of David Sanborn or Tom Scott played thru KLH Speakers.

All that is Debatable. And kinda a user thing. I've found that steeping reaches a point of Diminishing Returns after about 5 Days. But if Two Months combined with some Good Jazz is what One finds to be the Best, then Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler.
That sounds hopeful, to be honest. Thanks.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's funny. If I can explain this. On the inhale, I think "Okay, that's a bit chocolatey". On the exhale... "Hospital toilet".

And for anyone who thinks to ask how I know what a hospital toilet tastes like... I'm not at a stage in my therapy where I'm ready to talk about it... :D

Without a Recipe to Reference, It's all kinda Guess Work.

But Harsh Aftertaste can be a Sign of Over-Flavoring and of High VOC's. Both of these, especially High VOC's steeping can help.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Erm... kind of... chocolatey, chocolate flavour...?

Like what? Can you add some links please?

Here are some of my favorite chocolates.

VTA Dark Chocolate
VTA Chocolate Mousse
WF Chocolate Chunks
MB Glamour Chocolate
VTA Chocolate Milk
SSA Chocolate Mousse
FLV Milk Chocolate
HA Australian Chocolate
SSA Dessert Chocolate
VTA Chocolate Base (Clear)
SSA Chocolate

And, by far, the most accurate tasting chocolate flavor..... MF Dark Chocolate - - - MF is Medicine Flower. Their flavors are super highly concentrated. They are more expensive, like $15 p/bottle. However, you use FAR less than any other flavor from any other flavor house. Using 0.6% MF Dark Chocolate will totally make itself known in a mix (depending!!!).

I do have other decent tasting chocolate flavors.

I don't use any CAP or TFA/TPA chocolates. For my tastes, they're too fake (crap) tasting.

The thing with chocolates in nearly any mix is "less is more". Using too much will create a mix that tastes like crap. And that is true with any flavor. All flavors have a top-end, go over that percentage and the flavor folds back on itself and begins to taste like crap.

Any dark chocolate flavor can be made into something "other" than a dark choc. using other flavors.

If one is looking specifically for a "milk chocolate" flavor - - - there is none. Some people are able to get "kind of" close, but still not a milk chocolate.

Any bakery mix, for example, can be made so it has a light tasting chocolate or a dominant tasting chocolate. It all depends what the goal is when creating a recipe.

"What is the profile I desire", "what is the goal" ---> those should always be the first questions answered before mixing anything.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe

I suppose that might be a possibility. But I haven't got time for that, I just need to make it and vape it.

In the interests of experimentation, I'll leave some lying around in my dark cupboard for a few weeks. Then see what it's like.

Nearly all mixes will taste best after steeping.

Just about every mix I create requires a 3-4 week steep.

Flavors in a mix need time to become miscible.

Mixes change, big time, over a 3-4 week steep.

ETA: Any mix that uses creams, custards, bakery etc. etc. will require 3-4 weeks. That's common knowledge among mixers for those types of flavors.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@Dan_V

Here is one of my chocolate mixes + some notes...........

-2.jpg

Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich with Peanuts

FA Vanilla Cookie 1.5%
SSA Crumbly Cookie 1.5%
FA Cookie 0.8%
WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate 2.5%
SSA Clotted Cream 1%
FLV Peanut Butter 0.6%

Optional: Sweetener to taste. Start low, as in 0.25% - 0.5%.

Steep time = 4 weeks / as always, YMMV

The FA VC, FA Cookie and SSA CC cookie base is one I've used before. Combined they make an awesome tasting cookie. It's a nice base that can be taken in many directions with nearly any flavors (fruits, coffee, nuts etc. etc.).

WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate is an excellent flavor. In this recipe it pulls double duty as a fine ice cream and it changes the "blonde" cookie base into a chocolate cookie.

Clotted cream boosts the overall IC profile and adds a wonderful mouthfeel. It also helped in making the chocolate less "dark" leaning.

FLV Peanut Butter is an excellent, and very realistic, roasted peanut with a light salt note. It is not even close to what I would call a "true" peanut butter flavor.

It is just as tasty without FLV Peanut Butter. I originally mixed it without FLV PB, so I could get the other flavors set, then as was my plan, added the peanut butter.

I mixed two 10ml versions of this recipe. One minus sweetener. The other with 1 drop CAP Super Sweet. Both are flavorful. The one with CAP SS is a wee bit sweeter, but it's not something I would call a "sickly" sweet. It's just the right amount for my tastes.

This is a delicious tasting IC sandwich. You get the chocolate cookie profile out front, a very creamy ice cream in the middle and the peanut on the backside.

Note:

A "blond" cookie version (no chocolate) of this ice cream sandwich can easily be made with one or two subs. Pull WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate, then sub 2.5% SSA Ice Cream or 2.5% SSA Ice Cream Vanilla. Or use them in combination, with one at 1.5% and the other at 1%. The SSA IC's make a more complete ice cream profile when combined.

LOL, that's just one of over 100 recipes I've posted on ECF over the years. I continue creating, developing and posting them.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
It's funny. If I can explain this. On the inhale, I think "Okay, that's a bit chocolatey". On the exhale... "Hospital toilet".

And for anyone who thinks to ask how I know what a hospital toilet tastes like... I'm not at a stage in my therapy where I'm ready to talk about it...

Can you please post the recipe you used with percentages along with each specific flavor used?

I can't say anything about your experience without knowing the recipe.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    ...without it tasting like a hospital toilet!?

Can ANYONE make this? Or is it an unattainable thing in vaping? I've tried so many - and they all taste artificial, with a horrible chemical aroma.

Thoughts...?
    post up the recipe that you didn't like, even it had a short steep.
    It's easier for experienced mixers to understand what didn't work for you when they see the recipe.
    You already have several skilled mixers above me who can certainly guide you on your quest.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe

Don't make 30ml test batches.

When I create new mixes they are always either 5ml or 10ml mixes.

That way I don't waste much if a mix turns out like crap.

I added a post in your "Mixing By Weight" thread about mixing small 5ml/10ml batches. It's very easy.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I have been beckoned it seems. I did come up with a recipe for a coco puffs flavor vape and it tastes like coco puffs. I don't want to speculate as to what hospital toilet tastes like, but I do know what an ant tastes like when you vape one. That is a different story, haha. The recipe is: Capella cereal-27 3%, FlavorArt fresh cream 1%, Purilum condensed milk 0.25%, TFA double chocolate clear 3%, TFA marshmallow 0.5%, Capella sugar cookie 1%, Flavor West vanilla cupcake 0.5%. It does not require a long steep time but give it 24 hours for the fresh cream and condensed milk to settle down and play nice with the other flavors. I never tried this with any other flavor brands than what I've listed here so if you dont have these specifically, i cant promise what it will taste like. The fresh cream and condensed milk give it that milky taste but do need at least an overnite steep. Chocolate vape is definitely do-able. The people that i have let taste this all say its very much like coco puffs. But, again, this recipe is flavor brand specific. I would have no suggestions as to any brand substitutes. As far as adding sweetener, I do add about 15 to 20 drops to a 120ml size batch. The sweetener is totally optional but it really does benefit. Breakfast cereal just wouldn't be the same if it wasn't sweet.

Last edited:

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
    News from the Hospital Toilet...

Having steeped for the couple of days since I made it, the chemical aroma seems to have dissipated. Now the 'double chocolate' notes are starting to come through.

I'm still keeping the name. It's so unique. This chocolate recipe shall be forever known as 'Hospital Toilet'.

Thank you to all of you, who believed that the Hospital Toilet could one day blossom into a beautiful chocolate fountain.

Users who are viewing this thread