Can anyone make sense of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Is there a way to convert mixing premade diy liquids to a from scratch standard DIY recipe? For example if I were to take liquids I already made, tobacco liquid (2%), Marshmallow (15%), and Vanilla (13%), end up with a mix around 70% tobacco liquid, 20% Marshmallow liquid, and 10% Vanilla liquid

So is there a way to figure out an exact recipe or is my best bet just to guesstimate.

Last edited:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
If I understand you correct, you have 3 separate flavors already made with the tobacco at 2% of actual flavoring and the other 2 as indicated immediately after? You then took those 3 flavors and mixed them together? At this point you want to recreate that flavor?

If this is the case you need to do some math I consider to be basic. 9ml finished of 2% tobacco contains 0.18ml of actual flavoring. The 3 flavors mixed makes 15ml. You need to find our what percent of 15ml equals 0.18ml. X% of (times) 15ml = 0.18. Divide 0.18 by 15 and you will get 0.012 which is 1.2%.

Marshmallow is 4%. Vanilla is 1.73333%.

Edit - When you edited your post you changed your numbers. You did make the question more clear. I did understand your question and my calculations are correct based on your original numbers.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
EJuice Me Up would be a handy tool for those calculations. It also has a screen under the tools menu to help calculate nic percents when they are different.

I didn't have much luck when I tried a similar thing awhile back. Keep in mind that if you're combining non similar flavors, you're diluting them, but not when combining similar flavors.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Original numbers are different form the revised numbers.

Originally you took 9ml with 2% flavor base.
You added to that 4ml marshmallow with 15% flavor base.
You then added to that 2ml vanilla with 13% flavor base.
This resulted in a new complex flavor.

Based on those numbers, as stated the formula for the resulting mix would be -

1.2% Tobacco base
4% Marshmallow base
1.733% Vanilla base

Your revised numbers don't match. 9ml of a 15ml mix is 60%, not 70%. 4ml of 15ml is 26.6%. 2ml of 15ml is 13.3%. Those variations from your original numbers will create a totally different end product.

So going off your new numbers -

70% of the complex mix is a finished tobacco containing 2% tobacco base. You now have 1.4% tobacco.
20% of the complex mix is a finished marshmallow containing 15% base. You now have 3% marshmallow.
10% of the complex mix is a finished vanilla containing 13% base. You now have 0.7% vanilla.

Figure out which one you did. Was your final mix was 9ml tobacco go with the first formula (tobacco at 1.2%). If your final mix was done as percentages to with the paragraph directly above this (tobacco 1.4%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread