Can ecigs pass airport security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
I fly to Oulu 6 or 7 times a year, and they've never given me that much grief. My juices are always with me in my carry-on luggage, in a clear ziplock bag, along with my other liquid sundries. I always put the "dangerous liquids" baggy in a bin, as well as my mods, ready to be inspected - I fly enough to know these things and organize the contents of my bags accordingly. Only his time, this local rent-a-cop latched on my collection of juice bottles and wouldn't let go: he called his supervisor (a complete clot himself too), they went through all my things, and asked me searching questions for what felt like an eternity. Funnily enough, they were completely uninterested in my mods though. Just the juices, and the Health Potion particularly. Nevermind that all my juices smelled of berries, liquorice and fruits: they were all highly suspect apparently. And they swiped my bottle of sauce on top of that ......mit.

Gotta go, my flight to Brussels is about to depart.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
Just had another flight that was a bit different.
I had to "opt out" as I wear a medical device that sends updates to an insulin pump. These are not able to go through an X-Ray machine. Metal detectors are fine, just not x-ray. I even carry a card that explains this but the TSA didn't even look at this.
When I opted out my carry on and bin of stuff was taken to a side room where I was questioned about why I felt I could opt out. After showing him my card (and him reading it) he understood and started the patdown and search of my belongings. When he got to my juice and ego he stopped and made me "use it" I had the tanks removed and placed in a baggy as well. After re-assembling it I brought it to my lips and used it. He then berated me for polluting his air... ohh for god sake. He said to use it!
His supervisor came in and "discussed" using e-sigs with me in an airport. I kept saying that he (the other officer) told me to do so. His response was that I could have activated it but not drawn inhaled. If I had done that, then a little blue light would have gone on and it would not look like anything worked...
Sometimes you just cant win.

Divakins

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Festus, Missouri, United States
I will be traveling to Vegas (McCarron) in a couple of weeks out of St Louis. I have just started vaping and nervous about taking it. I had already planned on packing my juice in the regular suitcase, but wandering if I should buy a cheaper setup and pack my favorite to carry on so I can vape when I get out on the other side. We go every year and McCarron seems so much pickier about things than St Louis. I surely don't want them to take my only means of survival...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread