Can I charge an IMR 18650 with a eGo USB fast charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer666

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2012
Charlotte NC
www.seducejuice.com
I bought a new mod ClearMax Variable Volt APV
and this battery: IMR 18650, LiMn 2000mAh Battery
Unfortunately, they were sold out of the Trustfire Tr-001 so I had to buy it separately from gotvapes which won't arrive until Monday.
I have an ego usb fast charger that outputs at 4.7v. Can I put on the Ego adapter to the top of my mod and charge it with the USB adapter with the battery inside the mod?
I really don't want to wait until Monday to try this thing out and I don't want to go to the B&M for a charger.
I know these batteries are dangerous if improperly handled so I wanted to ask ECF first.

Thanks

Lucifer666

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2012
Charlotte NC
www.seducejuice.com
I don't know anything about that charger but you definitely don't want to overcharge an IMR or li-ion battery past 4.2-4.24 volts..my lithium chargers output 4.2v..so I would say it's not safe to use it..are you sure the charger outputs 4.7v?

Sorry, it outputs at 4.2v

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry, it outputs at 4.2v

if the charger outputs at 4.2v then it should charge the 18650 IMR properly..it's going to take awhile though..but like I said I know nothing of Ego chargers or anything..just have knowledge of li-ion batteries and li-ion chargers..

if you look at this site eastsidevapes.com take note they say you can do it..

"Compatible with almost everything that is fitted with a 510 or Ego threading. You can also charge the 18650 battery while inside the eGo-T Mod by attaching it into an Ego Rapid USB Charger. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread