Can I remove flavoring/sweetener by freezing my ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vos10

Feb 10, 2020
Title sums it up. My juice is too sweet and ruins my pods quickly. I bought a good bit of this stuff though, and I don't want it to go to waste. I read that freezing juice separates it into layers, so my plan is to take out the sweetener using a pipette and just use the left over juice. Will this work? (Juice is 50mg salt nic 70/30 VG to PG)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
As far as I know... no. You could dilute the juice with some unflavored but it will also dilute the nic strength (and flavor) What flavors do you have? There might be a work-around using DIY stuff. 70VG/30PG is kinda thick for some pods (what are you using)? Maybe just add some plain PG to thin it.

Vos10

Feb 10, 2020
As far as I know... no. You could dilute the juice with some unflavored but it will also dilute the nic strength (and flavor) What flavors do you have? There might be a work-around using DIY stuff. 70VG/30PG is kinda thick for some pods (what are you using)? Maybe just add some plain PG to thin it.
Thing is, this sweetener gunks up my pods like crazy. Plus, I don't have anything to mix my juice with right now. Id have to wait for a few weeks until I can get anything.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thing is, this sweetener gunks up my pods like crazy. Plus, I don't have anything to mix my juice with right now. Id have to wait for a few weeks until I can get anything.

It’s an unfortunate reality with some juices. But you cannot remove sweetener from a juice. It may not even be a sweetener that is gunking your coils, but a specific flavour that is in the mix.

Diluting will have counter effects. The dilution has to be great enough to have an effect on what ever ingredient is the culprit to your coil gunking. But by diluting, you are also creating a thinner juice, which could result in leaking if too thin. And reducing your nicotine, along with the overall flavour.

You could use distilled water as an alternative to PG. But if you choose a dilution route, use small samples with small amounts of dilution.

Vos10

Feb 10, 2020
Do you know how much distilled water I should add per ml of juice? Thanks
It’s an unfortunate reality with some juices. But you cannot remove sweetener from a juice. It may not even be a sweetener that is gunking your coils, but a specific flavour that is in the mix.

Diluting will have counter effects. The dilution has to be great enough to have an effect on what ever ingredient is the culprit to your coil gunking. But by diluting, you are also creating a thinner juice, which could result in leaking if too thin. And reducing your nicotine, along with the overall flavour.

You could use distilled water as an alternative to PG. But if you choose a dilution route, use small samples with small amounts of dilution.

Vos10

Feb 10, 2020

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Adding water is tricky so start small. You can actually make it watery to the point where your nose will run like happened to me and then the only other option is to add more Nicotine or PG, VG and then your mix will just be a guess for the whole batch. Better a few drops to start than to have to toss it or have it be unpleasant.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

Nope. I do not know the juice you are working with nor do I know how much dilution it will take to rid you of your crusty coils. It is a gamble so you have to decide if it is worth taking.

I would start with 10 ml of juice, and add a very small percentage of distilled water, like less than 5%. Understand that with 5%, you are diluting an entire mix, and not just the flavour and or sweetener that is causing your coils to gunk. It may help, it may not. We are dealing with unknowns so no definite answer.

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread