Can I Remove from a Thread from My Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I think there is not option , just jump that line and keep on reading, if you are interested on a thread just subscribe to it and forget the what's new /my posts.......... i only go to my posts when i want to recheck older threads

Ah Lis is a smart guy---just do as he says and all will be well.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
According to my observations, the threads drop from My Posts two months after your last post.

I just luckily lost two threads that were driving my nuts--both took exactly two months--I checked the dates.

Well, for example my last and only post in this one thread was on 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM but every time someone else posts then it jumps to the top of my list in bold.

Do you think it has to do with the last time you read any other posts in there?

p.s., I'm trying the Subscribed thread thing now and it seems to work nicely

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
this seems to work differently for people - i have been losing threads i would have liked to keep .....
the search only covers a limited amount of posts. if you are extremely active in creating new threads only the most busy threads will "float"

Edit: Results 1 to 25 of 525 is what I get on my search. Only fairly active threads manage to keep floating for me. (some of the vendor threads and the infamous jokers and snails type threads...)

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
right liscab, the default search cuts off at 1K posts and the whats new is limited to 525. More than enough for the average user and setting them higher would create performance issues. I won't even go into other reasons why, but anyone that has experience with maintaining PHP/MYSQL sites will immediately think of suhosin...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread