The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can I Remove from a Thread from My Posts?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by starsong, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. starsong

starsong Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Is there a way to remove a thread from the "What's New-My Posts" section? I posted once in a couple threads that I am no longer interested in keeping up with, but they have turned out to be very busy and constantly show up in the My Posts results. I don't see a way to delete them. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. MustangSallie

MustangSallie Mistress Blabber Mouth Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    Eventually they drop off if you don't post in them, even if they stay active. Based on what I've seen, I'm guessing it's 30 days.

3. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    I think there is not option , just jump that line and keep on reading, if you are interested on a thread just subscribe to it and forget the what's new /my posts.......... i only go to my posts when i want to recheck older threads

4. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    As for dropping off, there are some that are 4+ months old and as soon as anyone else posts in it, it will pop up to the top of my list again :( But I might try using the subscribe thing and see if that works any better. Thanks for your replies. :)

5. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Retired ECF Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    I could just lock any thread you've ever posted in and the problem would solve itself... muahahahaha

6. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    According to my observations, the threads drop from My Posts two months after your last post.

I just luckily lost two threads that were driving my nuts--both took exactly two months--I checked the dates.

7. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Stop posting in Whiskey's threads then Katya.

8. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    :D

Ain't gonna happen, Guvnor! I love Whiskey's threads.....:)

9. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
  10. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    /me hands out paper towels to all those that just spit soda on their screens.....

11. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
  12. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
  13. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Ah Lis is a smart guy---just do as he says and all will be well.

14. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Well, for example my last and only post in this one thread was on 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM but every time someone else posts then it jumps to the top of my list in bold.

Do you think it has to do with the last time you read any other posts in there?

p.s., I'm trying the Subscribed thread thing now and it seems to work nicely

15. tiburonfirst

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    this seems to work differently for people - i have been losing threads i would have liked to keep .....

16. oldsoldier

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    the search only covers a limited amount of posts. if you are extremely active in creating new threads only the most busy threads will "float"

Edit: Results 1 to 25 of 525 is what I get on my search. Only fairly active threads manage to keep floating for me. (some of the vendor threads and the infamous jokers and snails type threads...)

17. tiburonfirst

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    sarge, tell me again how many threads show up in your 'my posts'! i'm down to 48 ....... :laugh:

18. oldsoldier

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    525. but of course I have a lot of posts generated by administrative actions that will never see the light of day again.

19. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    if i go to my profile and my posts i can see 1000 if i go to what's new my profile I see 54

Sarge the J0kers are mischievous not infamous.....:lol:

20. oldsoldier

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    right liscab, the default search cuts off at 1K posts and the whats new is limited to 525. More than enough for the average user and setting them higher would create performance issues. I won't even go into other reasons why, but anyone that has experience with maintaining PHP/MYSQL sites will immediately think of suhosin...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.