Can I use THIS PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee

Aug 12, 2010
EU
Hello everybody, great forum, amazing community :)

I'm new to all this and would really appreciate some help.

Not being in the US, my shopping options are severely limited. Rather than mentioning other buying options etc, I'd really, really, appreciate it if you can tell me if the following PG is considered suitable for e-liquid. The accompanying Material Safety Data Sheet sounds very scary, but if you confirm otherwise, I'll ignore it.

(remove the spaces to fix the links as I can't post links yet)
PG: dudadiesel. com / choose_item.php?id=propgly
MSDS: dudadiesel. com / msds / propyleneglycol.pdf

Thanks and happy vaping :)

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I went again over that MSDS linked in the OP and there are a few things that worry me sick. It says:

-"ASPIRATION HAZARD IF SWALLOWED CAN ENTER LUNGS AND CAUSE DAMAGE"

-"THIS PRODUCT IS NOT TO BE USED TO PRODUCE FOGS OR MISTS IN THEATRICAL, MUSICAL, OR OTHER ENTERTAINMENT PERFORMANCES"

I donno, is the USP PG you use talked about this way too?

So it's fine if you don't swallow it into your lungs and if you don't use it in a fog machine? And this is a problem... how?

Fog machines use PG as a base, the fog juice actually contains more than just PG. If it was pure PG, the floor would get incredibly slippery.

And most any liquid is bad for the lungs if it is ingested that way.

Were you looking for a liquid that can be ingested into the lungs and used as a mist for musicals, or a base for E-juice?

(Look further on the MSDS and it should say that PG vapor is a lung irritant which is where some of the throat hit comes from.)

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I see that your question has been answered for you, so I will just say Welcome to ECF.

Also, there is a European social group here at ECF. I bet they have all the suppliers they receive product from down to a fine art.;) You can get there through Quick Links at the top of your screen. Then go to Networking, Social Groups.

Happy vaping. :)

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Coffee, i don't want to pry but why do you need so much? I see your in the EU would the pre-mix from TECC not be better? A gallon is a lot !!

eliquid flavours / Electronic Cigarette Company

Speaking for myself, it's more cost effective to buy a gallon as it allows you a lot of extra juice for experimental flavors gone awry. I just went myself to the farm store and picked up a gallon jug, which at the rate I vape would make enough for three years if each and every batch were perfect. However, I've already blown through a fifth of the bottle with nothing fit to vape on a regular basis.

MsV

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Boon, MI
Speaking for myself, it's more cost effective to buy a gallon as it allows you a lot of extra juice for experimental flavors gone awry. I just went myself to the farm store and picked up a gallon jug, which at the rate I vape would make enough for three years if each and every batch were perfect. However, I've already blown through a fifth of the bottle with nothing fit to vape on a regular basis.

Where in the farm store did you find that?

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I asked for it so I wouldn't have to wander looking too stupid, but they give it to dairy cattle to prevent ketosis, so wherever your cattle supplements are.

Yes, and its almost always USP grade. You can find it in feed stores and also at Tractor Supply if you have one in your area. If you're in the boonies, you might find it at the grange hall or at the co-op store like Deaf Smith.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Alright! That's one more confirmation, thanx Hoosier, that the PG I linked to is the vaping stuff.

Honestly, I'm still worried, probably just scared by all the warnings, I dunno. Maybe it's a n00b thing, more confirmations would sure be nice.
I'd be more worried about the surgeon general's warnings on the packs of cigs I used to smoke :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread