Can I use this Vaporkings battery with 808d-1 cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DezRo

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
Replacement battery compatible with GreenSmoke and KR808D-2 electronic cigarettes

The website states "Replacement battery compatible with GreenSmoke and KR808D-2 electronic cigarettes".
But what does that mean, exactly? Can I still use it with my KR808D-1 cartomizers?

On a related note, does anyone know another place to buy plain white cig-a-likes with an orange LED? This is the style I started with many years ago and would like to return to it, but it looks like hardly any vendor even sells these anymore.
Everything is either black, silver, blue LED, manual push button, ugly logos plastered on the thing.
Where did all the white 808 batteries with orange LED go?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
the threading of the cartridges is reversed.
kr808d1,cartridge=female threading,battery male threading. its reversed for d-2's.
regards
mike

This is incorrect. The reversed threading you're thinking of is either 4081 or 4073. I honestly can't remember which.

808D-1 and 808D-2 are actually the same thread, but the threading is deeper on a D-2 carto and longer on the battery. You can use D-1 cartos on a D-2 battery. I have. You do run the risk of over tightening your D-1 carto and ruining it. I have done that as well. It sucks. There are adapters available for D-1 and D-2 devices to make them more compatible, but I moved away from 808's before I felt that was necessary.

Really, your best option is to get a new D-2 kit complete with everything you need, or just buy a D-1 battery. Volt, Halo, Bloog and V4L should be what you are looking for.

Good luck.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
This is incorrect. The reversed threading you're thinking of is either 4081 or 4073. I honestly can't remember which.

808D-1 and 808D-2 are actually the same thread, but the threading is deeper on a D-2 carto and longer on the battery. You can use D-1 cartos on a D-2 battery. I have. You do run the risk of over tightening your D-1 carto and ruining it. I have done that as well. It sucks. There are adapters available for D-1 and D-2 devices to make them more compatible, but I moved away from 808's before I felt that was necessary.

Really, your best option is to get a new D-2 kit complete with everything you need, or just buy a D-1 battery. Volt, Halo, Bloog and V4L should be what you are looking for.

Good luck.
greensmoke(d2) have male threaded cartridges. V2's(d1) have female threaded cartridges.both are kr808d style.
the difference in threading depth is to make you upgrade chargers and cartridges
when upgrading batteries.
regards
mike

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
greensmoke(d2) have male threaded cartridges. V2's(d1) have female threaded cartridges.both are kr808d style.
the difference in threading depth is to make you upgrade chargers and cartridges
when upgrading batteries.
regards
mike

Learn something new every day. Thanks! And sorry for spreading my own mis-information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread