Can low quality batteries damage coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I'd be more concerned with my face tbh.
For me personally I never ever use batteries that I don't know what they are and I make as sure as I can that I get what I order (trusted vendors).
Batteries can vent more or less violently and this can result in injury or a fire, the least of your problems would be a coil or tank then.

But to answer your question: no, the quality of the battery won't affect your coil or tank, at most they'd be empty very quickly and you don't get much vape time out of them.

If I were you I'd get some known good batteries and only charge them in an external charger though.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Not likely, the power device should send a consistent voltage to the delivery device, if the cell is incapable of supplying the demand the power device should throttle back output or refuse to fire.

Main question is why use a sub standard cell to begin with?
Battery selection is the most important part of vaping safely, it is the very last place to try to save money.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nope at best the mod won't fire. Etc. At worst, you could overstress your batteries and enter thermal runaway (more rare with regulated mods but it can still happen).

I hope you find a way to get authentic batteries, it really is the single most important part of vaping, honestly, as far as safety.

Best of luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have a 2200mah 18650 3.7v Li-ion battery on my Vaporesso Target Pro. I don't know the brand, DBK? Anyway, is there any possible mechanism that a low quality battery could damage the coils? Or maybe they can damage the tanks?
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
Index | E-Cigarette Forum
A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread