Can Orange essential oil (Limonene) combine with PG and VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Whittington

Apr 11, 2016
North Carolina
I distilled some Orange oil or (Limonene) from some orange peels the other day and I plan to use it in some e-liquid in order to make a natural organic flavored orange e-juice. I have read forums all over the internet saying that they have had some minor to moderate success with this and i'm willing to use some of my limonene i extracted to give this a shot.

The only issue I am having here is: will the limonene separate from the vg and pg mixture? I have read that it will mix with VG OK but not very well with pg but according to forums they have had success but according to PDF documents on google limonene is insoluble in polypropylene glycol. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this subject?

Does limonene mix very well with PG?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
No, oils do not generally mix well with PG or VG. It normally ends up just like the oil and vinegar dressing, separated.
Nor are oils generally good for vaping as they can coat your lungs. While PG and VG may "feel" oily, they are alcohols and with leave your system in a timely manner.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Noah Whittington

Apr 11, 2016
North Carolina
No, oils do not generally mix well with PG or VG. It normally ends up just like the oil and vinegar dressing, separated.
Nor are oils generally good for vaping as they can coat your lungs. While PG and VG may "feel" oily, they are alcohols and with leave your system in a timely manner.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
its alright orange oil is not a lipid so it will not coat your lungs with anything. oils from herbs are not really oils either. Instead of oils they are the souly concentrated part of the plant in its purest form. It will present itself as a liquiid but maleculerly its a bouch of tiny tiny tiny plany matter so small that is is a liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread