Can someone give a comparison between the aspire zelos and the cool fire IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I've been using the Cool Fire IV 40w's for quite a while. I do love them. Can anyone compare this mod to the new Aspire Zelos? I know the Cool Fires have a lithium ion battery and the Zelos states that it's a LiPo. What difference does that make. I love the build quality of the Cool Fires. Again, comparison on build quality? I vape MTL so my toppers have been gs airs and newly acquired Ego One V2 Megas with clr 1.0 coils. With the 1.5 ohm airs, I vape at around 12.5 to 13 watts. With the Ego One's, I vape around 17 watts. I don't care about the tc function. I just use wattage mode. I could get a couple more Cool fires, but thought maybe the Zelos might be comparable with a slightly longer battery life. I currently get a full day with my Cool Fires. I just feel like adding to my stock and feel the purchase bug coming on. Any comments?

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I don't know much about the difference in batteries, but I have both the coolfire and the zelos an there is no noticeable battery life for me. I get about a day out of each, the zelos is only 500mah more.
I vape 12 watts with my nautilus mini and am a self confessed mtl vaper like yourself :) I am after the gs air tank myself, I have used the cs air tank that comes with the tecc arc (used to be the curve) an that is their version of the gs. I gotta ask though, does the gs have airflow control? With the cs air tank you have to use a little screwdriver to change it.

Anyway if you've only got the coolfire a backup is always needed an I'd definitely recommend the zelos, the nautilus 2 it comes with is a decent little tank too.

Do you build your CLR coils? I heard the factory coils leak off someone but I ain't a fan of building!

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I have the gs air M tank that holds close to 4 mls and it does have air flow control. I use the 1.5 ohm coils with it. It's a great tank and I do like it. I've been using it since it first came out. I just starting using the clr coils and have only yet rewicked them with rayon. I must say that the Ego One v2 Mega tank with clr coils is probably the best vape I've had to date. Easy to rewick and I've heard easy to rebuild. I bought some premade coils but haven't had a chance to use them yet. No leaking in the new tank. With looming regulations, I have been trying to move more toward self-sufficiency, hence the move to the Ego One tank with clr but a great move none-the-less. I also do really like mods with internal batteries so I'm trying to stock pile a bit. I have 6 mvp 2's, 6 istick 30w's and 3 cool fires along with older gear like the itaste vv's. I have a history here so I've used a lot of different things and still have most of them (various ego style batteries, an original darwin, the tekk mod, a fistpack aka vaporluxe, original provape and even my lightsaber mod and old bartleby box) - it's part of my older vaping history and personal museum. I am definitely getting more cool fires but I just saw the zelos and may want to add that as well. The 30 to 50 wattage style internal battery vapes are plenty for me and what I've settled on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
4 ml tank sounds great, have to get it before things go bad! And the fact it has airflow rather than having to adjust with the screw is so much better.
Heard good things bout the ego one, it's on my wish list :)

I have a few external battery mods but I only use internal ones now and can see why you prefer them.
I just got the mvp4, it is a 100 watt device but dunt mean you have to vape at that.
Recently got the i stick power too which is an 80 watt one.
I went with them cos of battery life, the mvp4 is 4500mah and the i stick is 5000mah so you get a couple of days, specially at your low wattage.
Although I have some high power mods I rarely go above 20 watts.
It's not the wattage limit that matters, if it works it dunt matter.

I like the zelos so much I'm getting another :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread