Can someone help a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethnode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
arkansas
Ok, I have read a bit, and from what I have gathered. I can pretty much give up on getting a perfect clone of a commercial e liquid, that is without tons and tons of testing and flavor profiling etc...

That said, I have been vaping a juice called Out the box - Bedrock. It was a fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA vape with milk. However, I live in a state that has banned online sales, and the local vape shop was shut down due to license issues. While I may not hit that exact same taste, I have seen numerous fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA recipes. And I was going to purchase the flavors and the nicotine and start preparing some juice myself. While preparing to select the flavors, I found that flavour west has a flavor called fuity flakes. So would it be easier to just use that flavoring or to follow a recipe that seems to be trying to build the fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA flavor from individual flavors like cherry, orange, berry, etc...

Also, my wife was vaping a liquid called home town hero - Crispy Treats. It was a rice crispy treats flavor. She was purchasing online, which is no longer an option. I have not done as much research yet, but I do see that flavor west has a rice treat flavor. Can someone help me on how to mix something that hits close to these two profiles...

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Without having tasted either liquid, it's really hard to say. It's going to involve some trial and error. You may never get exactly the same taste as the commercial liquid, but I'll bet you come up with something you like. The single flavors--Fruity Flakes and Rice Treat--are probably a good place to start. I haven't used either, but I'm sure someone here has.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ok, I have read a bit, and from what I have gathered. I can pretty much give up on getting a perfect clone of a commercial e liquid, that is without tons and tons of testing and flavor profiling etc...
That said, I have been vaping a juice called Out the box - Bedrock. It was a fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA vape with milk. However, I live in a state that has banned online sales, and the local vape shop was shut down due to license issues. While I may not hit that exact same taste, I have seen numerous fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA recipes. And I was going to purchase the flavors and the nicotine and start preparing some juice myself. While preparing to select the flavors, I found that flavour west has a flavor called fuity flakes. So would it be easier to just use that flavoring or to follow a recipe that seems to be trying to build the fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA flavor from individual flavors like cherry, orange, berry, etc...
Also, my wife was vaping a liquid called home town hero - Crispy Treats. It was a rice crispy treats flavor. She was purchasing online, which is no longer an option. I have not done as much research yet, but I do see that flavor west has a rice treat flavor. Can someone help me on how to mix something that hits close to these two profiles...
You can go for the cereal flavor concentrate/extract and you may get milk/cream and sugar along with it or more likely not.
One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three). Say you use three flavors at 4%, 3% and 2.5%. The one-shot/concentrate is just an entire bottle of those three flavors in the correct ratio. One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might like to visit:
DIY E-juice Information | Tasty Puff
DIYorDIE Concentrates
one shot
One Shot Concentrates
Flavor Shots Vape Juice | Mt Baker Vapor
Your One Stop Shop for DIY Flavoring, Great Prices and Great Customer Service

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
20200107_101624.jpg
Just got this. Haven't tried it yet but it smells exactly like Froot Loops. I have tried their 27 Bears (gummy bears) and 27 Fish (swedish fish) and they are spot on.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    As for syringes, if you're mixing by weight, you might not need them. Most flavors have dripper tips. Maybe get a couple of plastic pipettes instead.

I went with a cheap pocket scale off Amazon, though most prefer the more expensive ones with the bowl like tray. Make sure it can read 0.00 grams.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    For the crispy treats: (WF) Caramel rice crispy treats
    For fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA: FW fruity flakes or CAP fruit circles (I think that's what Skunk mentioned)
    I would go for the CAPs because FW has lots of "unhealthy" ingredients (if you are picky about that).
    I have not tried any of these type flavors... not my thing (just going by reviews)
    After you try these, if you are ambitious, try doing a recipe of your own.

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    View attachment 862159 Just got this. Haven't tried it yet but it smells exactly like Froot Loops. I have tried their 27 Bears (gummy bears) and 27 Fish (swedish fish) and they are spot on.

I have that. Love it. I use it at 7% with .5% cap super sweet. Easy. You could add milk if you like I suppose, but it does have a faint milk flavor to it already.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread