Can someone post a pic of the Vivi Nova on a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I believe you're correct. The V2 has the short wicks and the air hole just above the threads of the 510 connection. I've been using 2 w/ the short wicks and solid tanks (so I can't even see the juice) on my Provari's. I haven't had a problem with wicking and don't have to fiddle with it or pay too much attention to how I'm holding the tank. I can vape it pretty much dry before refilling.

That said, I've got a couple w/ long wicks coming so I'll see if there's a difference. I hear a lot of people cut the long wicks shorted anyway, to get better flavor and/or vapor production.

The ones I've received from Madvapes have long wicks, and air holes on the 510 connector just above the threads. Madvapes calls them V2, but this is the only version I've tried, so I have no idea. I haven't trimmed the wicks, although I've seen the posts from some who have and claim the performance improved. I've had great luck with them as-is, so I haven't tried any modification.

I'd love if anyone can provide a definitive answer on which version this is, and who else has them. OTOH, I'm happy with Madvapes all around, so I'll probably just keep ordering from them. Given the lifespan of these, a buck or two either way isn't all that important.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The ones I've received from Madvapes have long wicks, and air holes on the 510 connector just above the threads. Madvapes calls them V2, but this is the only version I've tried, so I have no idea. I haven't trimmed the wicks, although I've seen the posts from some who have and claim the performance improved. I've had great luck with them as-is, so I haven't tried any modification.

I'd love if anyone can provide a definitive answer on which version this is, and who else has them. OTOH, I'm happy with Madvapes all around, so I'll probably just keep ordering from them. Given the lifespan of these, a buck or two either way isn't all that important.

As I understand it the version's went like this:

V1 - long wicks & the air hole in the bottom cap
V2 - short wicks & air hole in the 510 connector
V2.5 - long wicks & air hole in the 510 connector (some still shipping in boxes marked V2)

V2.5 also have a 'better' tank less resistant to cracking (I've also heard V2 have the better tank).

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Ok.. I ordered from madvapes this morning.. it's already shipped. Since they're an hour away, maybe I'll get it tomorrow. I pretty much decided not to try this since pbusardo didn't like it.. but I'm getting tired of the boge carto filler taste. I used to think my problem was juice going stale in it, but now I'm thinking it's the filler I'm tasting. How much mileage are you guys getting out of these things before you have to change out the insides or clean them. I've never messed with the ce2 type cartos, I've always either dripped, bottom fed or used boge cartos in tanks. I did buy one of the acorn tanks from momandpopvaporshop and it was OK for a couple hours but then started tasting bad.. so that was $10 down the drain, I just cleaned it and set it out to dry.. maybe I'll mess with it again.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I got it today! First impressions are I love it! Easy to fill, lots of vapor and clean taste. Time will tell though.. I've tried other things that were awesome the first day and went downhill from there, I'm pretty cynical about things like this now. The one I got from madvapes has the long wicks. It says 2.4 on the head but it's metering 3ohms on the provari. I usually vape 2 volts ahead of whatever my carto meters (5v for 3ohms...4.5v for 2.5ohms ect.) but with this, I'm finding that it's doing fine with lower voltages. I haven't gone above 4.5v on this one. I'm really loving the clean flavor, but a boge has a good flavor the first day too. It really looks great on my silver provari... the diameter of the tank match the provari perfectly.

I don't try new things very often, I usually stick with tried and true. But flavor was not doing it for me with the boges on all but one of my juices, so I had to do something. I'm noticing a lot of water condensation in my clear drip tip but it doesn't seem to be affecting my vape quality.

The ones of you who are using the vivi nova for a few weeks now... are you still satisfied with it? Can the replaceable head be cleaned or must it be tossed after a certain amount of time? Are you buying new heads or getting some wick and wire and "rebuilding" them? If you are rebuilding, is the wick and wire the only thing that is required to rebuild it? I watched a youtube video of someone wrapping wire around a wick and reassembling the head, he said it was very easy and it looked easy. sorry for so many questions, this is new to me and I feel like a newb again!

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I got it today! First impressions are I love it! Easy to fill, lots of vapor and clean taste. Time will tell though.. I've tried other things that were awesome the first day and went downhill from there, I'm pretty cynical about things like this now. The one I got from madvapes has the long wicks. It says 2.4 on the head but it's metering 3ohms on the provari. I usually vape 2 volts ahead of whatever my carto meters (5v for 3ohms...4.5v for 2.5ohms ect.) but with this, I'm finding that it's doing fine with lower voltages. I haven't gone above 4.5v on this one. I'm really loving the clean flavor, but a boge has a good flavor the first day too. It really looks great on my silver provari... the diameter of the tank match the provari perfectly.

I don't try new things very often, I usually stick with tried and true. But flavor was not doing it for me with the boges on all but one of my juices, so I had to do something. I'm noticing a lot of water condensation in my clear drip tip but it doesn't seem to be affecting my vape quality.

The ones of you who are using the vivi nova for a few weeks now... are you still satisfied with it? Can the replaceable head be cleaned or must it be tossed after a certain amount of time? Are you buying new heads or getting some wick and wire and "rebuilding" them? If you are rebuilding, is the wick and wire the only thing that is required to rebuild it? I watched a youtube video of someone wrapping wire around a wick and reassembling the head, he said it was very easy and it looked easy. sorry for so many questions, this is new to me and I feel like a newb again!

Hey donnah,

I have been using 2 of the V1s for about a month now. I have tried all of the atty heads that came with them, but none have burned out on me yet. When I clean the Novas to change juice or the atty head I disassemble completely and remove the rubber atty seal (and little metal cap) before rinsing all the parts. It's advised to let them dry overnight and not try to dry burn to dry the wick and fluff the wicks when dry. When you reassemble it make sure that you gently screw all the stuff together so not to damage any seals. Fill it with juice just to the bottom of the rubber boot. Don't dawdle putting the top cap on because they wick pretty quickly for me and the first few pulls are kind of gurgly. If that happens, take a few dry pulls until it clears out a bit.

So is the center positive post of the battery connector sticking out too far, or did they fix that with your version? I had to file mine down for proper fit and finish on my PVs. Also, I'm really surprised that your 2.4 ohm head reported 3 ohms. All of the heads that came with mine ohmed out exactly. Of course they will vary after a bit of use.

As far as the condensation goes, yes, the Nova can build up condensation pretty quick in the tip. I usually pull the tip off and clear out the tip and the tip seat before a vape session. Even though it occurs, I have yet to pull any up into my mouth.

Like I mentioned, all of my atty heads are still working like a champ, so I really haven't been pushed to look for any replacement wicks and kanthal. I found a place that has some ready made coil/wick kits that looked interesting. I can't for the life of me find it at the moment, but I will post when found. Price was reasonable too, something like 5 coils preassembled for just a couple of bucks. At the rate things are going for me, that will fill the bill just fine. There is a video on the coil replacement by estarra if you're curious. Looks a bit tedious, but looks very doable.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Hey donnah,

I have been using 2 of the V1s for about a month now. I have tried all of the atty heads that came with them, but none have burned out on me yet. When I clean the Novas to change juice or the atty head I disassemble completely and remove the rubber atty seal (and little metal cap) before rinsing all the parts. It's advised to let them dry overnight and not try to dry burn to dry the wick and fluff the wicks when dry. When you reassemble it make sure that you gently screw all the stuff together so not to damage any seals. Fill it with juice just to the bottom of the rubber boot. Don't dawdle putting the top cap on because they wick pretty quickly for me and the first few pulls are kind of gurgly. If that happens, take a few dry pulls until it clears out a bit.

So is the center positive post of the battery connector sticking out too far, or did they fix that with your version? I had to file mine down for proper fit and finish on my PVs. Also, I'm really surprised that your 2.4 ohm head reported 3 ohms. All of the heads that came with mine ohmed out exactly. Of course they will vary after a bit of use.

As far as the condensation goes, yes, the Nova can build up condensation pretty quick in the tip. I usually pull the tip off and clear out the tip and the tip seat before a vape session. Even though it occurs, I have yet to pull any up into my mouth.

Like I mentioned, all of my atty heads are still working like a champ, so I really haven't been pushed to look for any replacement wicks and kanthal. I found a place that has some ready made coil/wick kits that looked interesting. I can't for the life of me find it at the moment, but I will post when found. Price was reasonable too, something like 5 coils preassembled for just a couple of bucks. At the rate things are going for me, that will fill the bill just fine. There is a video on the coil replacement by estarra if you're curious. Looks a bit tedious, but looks very doable.

Thanks for the reply. No, mine doesn't have anything hanging out to file off.. it fits fine and looks great. Mine has super long wicks and the vent hole is in the 510 connection, so I must have the version 2.5. I'm really loving it! If you can find the link to the ready made coils, that would be great. This is just too good to last though :glare: nothing this easy is good! There's got to be a flaw! I hope not!

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Thanks for the reply. No, mine doesn't have anything hanging out to file off.. it fits fine and looks great. Mine has super long wicks and the vent hole is in the 510 connection, so I must have the version 2.5. I'm really loving it! If you can find the link to the ready made coils, that would be great. This is just too good to last though :glare: nothing this easy is good! There's got to be a flaw! I hope not!

Haha, yeah I know, these work great, even the V1s that I have that people had all sorts of trouble with. Granted, I had to fiddle a bit with mine, but I'm pretty happy I made $11 purchase each. Heck, I'm vaping some 'house brand' clearomizers on my eGos from a vendor that I received for free that are actually blowing my mind right now. You can get the 'disposable' clearos now for like $4 each. I'm kind of hard pressed right now to shell out the big bucks on the 'super-duper' offerings out there. Like I said, right now. I'm a gear junkie. :2cool:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa

Here is the link to the pre-made coils. They are a couple of bucks more than a couple of bucks though, sorry, for some reason I had 2.99 in my head. Rebuildable Atomizer Coils

Other than these getting a little gurgly after filling, I haven't had any trouble with them. Like I mentioned, it doesn't last long and they are back to normal.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Looks like that
20120722_090231-1.jpg 20120722_090353-1.jpg 20120722_090152-1.jpg

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
The nova is not cool looking at all... unless it's on a Provari! Makes me want to get both!!!

If the spirit moves you, and your wallet can stand still for it...I don't think you would be sorry! Buy a black standard just in case, and I will try to bail you out if you hate the PV. ;)

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Nice pics Andy, thanks. I have been using the Vivi on a eGo battery. Looks awful but vapes really well. Waiting for my Provari to arrive so I can dress it up right.

Thanks. You will not be disappointed. This thing will give you a peace of mind. Juices tastes different too. I can taste a hint of deluted alcohol from PA concentrated flavoring .Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread