can u recommend a mech for a first timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
and when I say first timer I dont mean im a noob to vaping or anything ive been vaping for almost 2 years now on VV devices but I want to finally try a mech mod and a good atty set up to go with it but first things first lets see what some of you recommend for the mod. I dont care if its a clone because I dont want to spend more than $30-40 bucks all I care about is that it works, its reliable and well built plus id imagine it will probably have a bottom switch which I will need to get used to so something that isnt to much of a pain in the .... to fire will also be a plus. Can you help? Also, is fast tech a good legit place to order from I see they have TONS of mechs with pretty reasonable prices. Thanks.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Fasttech is hit or miss, some products are great and some are shabby, but either way they take a month to get to you so sometimes its just better to pay another $10 to have the product to you in 27 fewer days.

For a first mech, I used to recommend the Nemesis but now I'd go with a Brass Stingray from HCigar or Infinite.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
FastTech went through a small period of excessively longer shipping times. It seems they're back to normal now though; 8-14 days.
If you order from there, over the Quantity box, see if it says it will ship the next day or 5-10 days, or something like that. The sooner they fill your order, the sooner you get it.
Of all my mods, my fav is my Fasttech $14 Sentinel M16. Added a magnetic switch for $8 and patina'd the brass. Its great.

Read the reviews on there, as glowing reviews are a good barometer for the quality. I'd say go with a Nemesis, the new Gaia clone, or the M16. There are even some US -based vendors with closeouts or sales that bring the cost in line with FT.
The HCigar Helmsman is SICK, but big, as are the batteries. It's an "original", not a clone; magnetic button, at a clone price.
Also watch Vapingcheap.com for daily deals.

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
since it is your first time a nice clone might be a good option just incase you don't like it you didn't drop 100+ bucks. i have a stingray clone from tobeco and it is wonderful. great threads, floating pin makes it compatible with almost any atty and the button is awesome. also have a turtleship clone and absolutely love it. the button can be a little finicky tho. but 101vape has several clones. give one a shot. i would recommend the hcigar brand most out of all the popular clone makers.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
My Infinite Stingray is so-so. The button wasn't near what I was expecting, fairly crunchy. I don't have tons of experiences with different mechs though, I just have a Stingray and a Reo. Reo's are incredible if you can afford it. Mine has a modified bottom feeding Trident V2 sitting on there and it chucks the vapor just as well as my Stingray does.

Most important part of mechanicals is to do your battery research. Spend a lot of time considering what battery to get. If you don't plan on sub-ohming, AW-IMR's are a good choice. If you do plan on sub-ohming, my choice are Sony VTC5's. These are good down to .2 ohms (by my battery ethics anyway). Lowest I've ever gone is .39 and it's a pretty intense vape. Also, invest in an ohm checker. If you are sub-ohming, your vv devices ohms readers aren't accurate enough, or they won't read it. If your going down to .2 ohms, the difference of +/- .09 ohms could be the difference between a happy vaper and a handless vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread