Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
PS, it doesn't really matter what other people's experiece has been, since they don't have YOUR metabolism or body chemistry.

You have to find out the cause of your weight gain as it pertains solely to you. :)

EVERTHING affects your metabolism, even how often you put food into your body, and what the ratio of protein, carb and fat is in each "meal".

If you want to know more get Mark MacDonald's book Body Confidence. He is the owner of the famed Venice Nutrtion/Gym. Great reviews on amazon. :) I'm reading it now.

Last edited:

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mansfield, Texas, United States
I think the topic was raised before and it was "poopooed" by most if not all but I'm wondering if quitting the cigs and switching to vaping can change metabolism.

I have not changed my routine at all other than making the switch and I have gained weight, enough so that there is no doubt what so ever that there is something going on.

Could, in essence, inhaling sugar be the cause? I'm going to switch to only DIY for a maybe a month and see if it makes a difference as I know a lot of the juices I vape are very sugary, i.e. Boba's Bounty, custards, and the like.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Since the switch I am down 8 lbs in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raspberryblu

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
United States
I would suspect weight gain would be more from quitting smoking than starting vaping. There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that smoking often masks underlying thyroid problems. It might be worth a trip to the doctor for a physical to get it checked out. Mine is being monitored because my thyroid hormone levels are on the "lower side of normal" since quitting the cigarettes.

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was up about 15 lb the first few months of vaping - I believe it has something to do with ditching the cigs, but not sure. In the last few months I'm down 20, but I've also been exercising more. Regardless, I'm still a heifer at 255 lb, but I noticed that after not running for more than a year when I started walking I almost *wanted* to run, and once I decided to go for it that it's way easier now than it was even when I was 20-30 lb lighter than now, thanks to better lungs. All in all I'll call it a win...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread