Can you Microcoil a Kanger Evod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
Short answer, yes. This is a PT2 coil I did a couple weeks ago (still vaping it right now as I write this) but the same as Evod

flawless-victory.jpg%3Fw%3D418

Mad coil skillz there *envy* :D

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
How many wraps did you do?

Thanks.
11/12 with 28ga Kanthal A1.

Not sure of the size of the drill bit, it's one I happened to grab that fits the slots in the head perfectly. Unfortunately I don't have a micrometer with me and I won't be back home till the first/second week of March.

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada
What does a vertical coil do? Are they better than a traditional Microcoil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ridiculous vapor for one, as there's a lot more surface area touching wick, and once the juice is vaporized, it doesn't come into contact with anything before entering your pie hole, so you get ridiculous clouds and flavor, unmuted by being filtered by further contact with wick.

Note: if you don't clean your cotton with this build, you'll taste cotton like you've never tasted before. Blechh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rat6fink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
What does a vertical coil do? Are they better than a traditional Microcoil?
Just playing around and trying it. Noticed more airflow, better flavor, and a little more vapor production. Since the coil is vertical, the wick (in this case, I used cotton) is surrounding the coil, air flows through the center of the coil directly into the center tube.

Willyumnummm

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Saint pete
Ridiculous vapor for one, as there's a lot more surface area touching wick, and once the juice is vaporized, it doesn't come into contact with anything before entering your pie hole, so you get ridiculous clouds and flavor, unmuted by being filtered by further contact with wick.

Note: if you don't clean your cotton with this build, you'll taste cotton like you've never tasted before. Blechh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How do you make vertical coils? Any tutorials?

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
Hey guys just updating you that I made a 1.2 ohm Microcoil in my Kanger Evod and it's great! Rocking it on my MVP v2 at 4.4 volts!

Im glad your liking your new build, but at 1.2 ohms the highest volts you will be pushing is 3.6, since the device maxes out at 11w.

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
Im glad your liking your new build, but at 1.2 ohms the highest volts you will be pushing is 3.6, since the device maxes out at 11w.

The maximum wattage setting is 11W (in wattage mode) but I'm not sure about the actual total if you set it in voltage mode. The max current is 3 amps and you can set it to 5V in voltage mode so that would be 15 watts.

Granted, willy's setup would be draining 16 watts but it may be limiting it to 15 actually. I didn't think the MVP could drive a 1.2 ohm load at the voltage he's stating but I haven't tried it. I'll have to take mine into work and do some actual current and voltage measurements on the output to check the actual maximum wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread