Can You recommend A Replacement Tank For My Old Triton 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been married to this Triton 2 for so long, but it's wearing down and they don't make them anymore. Aspire made such good quality. I have the old Atlantis as well but never use it any more bc of it being bottom fill+lower capacity. The Triton also has better airflow.

The newer tanks Aspire has all either use too much wattage for me or are smaller capacity with stubby, too-close-to-the-mouth drip tips

eta: The Odan looks nice if I can get a slightly taller drip tip

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Vaporesso Skrr S tank may interest you at some point in the future @Drunkenmimes, they can use the GT CCell 0.5 ohm coils and as they're Stainless Steel you can use TC mode with them.

The Skrr S is pretty airy, top fill and they stay relatively cool with the 0.5 ohm CCell. Also 8ml capacity with the bubble glass is a good selling point (they even have a protective tank rubber which is very useful for pocket carry or the occasional knock).

Also, Geekvape is almost ready to release a drop in stock coil sub ohm tank version of their Zeus RTA. It's looking interesting.

May I ask if you've ever considered Squonking?

Update:
First, thanks to everyone who responded. I had thought that the permanent seal at the bottom of the glass on my Triton 2 was deteriorating somehow, and bleeding into my juice, causing the bottom third of each tankfill to turn amber, even with a brand new coil. It turns out that this is what happens when you neglect to wash your tank periodically (I used to be more diligent with that). Once clean, I think what I was seeing was probably some kind of fine sediment.

The Kanger Protank 4 (using the .5ohm ssocc ceramic coil) is not producing the caliber of flavor I'm used to with the Triton. I will use it as backup for when I'm washing the Triton and priming a new coil.

• Creative
Reactions: CaveFurby

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Drunkenmimes, recently had a thought.

Have you ever considered an RTA?

If so or maybe, the Coppervape Hussar Project X clone may be of interest you as their easy to build and wick. Only got hold of a couple recently and had a chance to build and use them and with an 8 wrap 2.5mm ID 27AWG coil they're quite nice indeed (gets you in the 0.7 ohm range).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread