Recommend me a new tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuerte

Aug 17, 2014
UK
Hi, i've been a member over 3 years with only a few posts so it just shows how successful ecigs have been for me.

I've just realised how unintentionally long i've made this thread but here's the tl:dr basics:

Recommendations for a new tank that has 1.2 - 1.8 coils available. Ideally topfill. Better than the Kanger Aerotank 2?

Since I finally settled on an Innokin Coofire IV with a Kanger Aerotank 2 i've not had a cigarette for nearly two years. And I was a 30-40 a day smoker for nearly 15 years.

I normally use 1.2 to 1.8 coils depending on stock. (Normally 1.5) with 12 or 18mg juice. And I normally vape at around 6-8 watts. From what i've seen that's really low but it works for me. I'm also a Mouth-to-Lung vaper.

Now to the subject at hand... I recently replaced my Cool Fire IV with an Innokin Kroma as the Cool Fire IV had seen better days and didn't seem to be holding as much charge anymore. I had used it heavily for over 2 years after all.

The Kroma came with an Innokin Slipstream tank with a 0.8 coil fitted which I just don't seem to be getting along with. To get anything from it at all I have to use a wattage of at least 30 watts which just spits hot juice into my mouth so no thanks. I've been using it with my existing Aerotank and 1.5 coils just fine.

But now i'm looking at alternatives to the Aerotank. I'd like to use the Slipstream as it suits the Kroma nicely but the highest coils available seem to be 0.8.

So far i've narrowed it down to the Kanger Toptank Nano (I really like the idea of using top fill instead of bottom fill) or the Innokin Endura T20 Prism. Or maybe stick with the Aerotank? I'm just interested in any better options out there.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The N2 and NX are both nice choices, if you ask me. I'm also a fan of the Vapefly Nicholas MTL tank it has a 0.6 and 1.8 coil, and pretty adjustable airflow, it vapes a little differently than many MTL tanks though...

I hesitate to recommend the Kabuki due to the price, but it really is the best MTL vape out there in many folks opinions, takes the nautilus BVC coils 1.8, 1.6 and 0.7, and 3 ml juice capacity which is nice. The Melo II tank has some fans, and I enjoy tanks that take the C-cell EUC coil, which was made by vaporesso but many tanks will fit those coils, they come in a wide range of resistances and are just fantastic.

Anna

Anna

Reactions: petrotech

Fuerte

Aug 17, 2014
UK
The Zenith will be out in December, very promising

If you're talking about the box mod then that is way overkill for my needs and completely the opposite of what I want. I already have 2 box mods with the Coolfire IV and Kroma. And I only vape at 6-8w so 300w is totally un-needed.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
If you're talking about the box mod then that is way overkill for my needs and completely the opposite of what I want. I already have 2 box mods with the Coolfire IV and Kroma. And I only vape at 6-8w so 300w is totally un-needed.
I think he was referring to the new MTL tank by Phil and Dimitri made by Innokin which is coming in December. I am anxious for that one too.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hi, i've been a member over 3 years with only a few posts so it just shows how successful ecigs have been for me.

I've just realised how unintentionally long i've made this thread but here's the tl:dr basics:

Recommendations for a new tank that has 1.2 - 1.8 coils available. Ideally topfill. Better than the Kanger Aerotank 2?

Since I finally settled on an Innokin Coofire IV with a Kanger Aerotank 2 i've not had a cigarette for nearly two years. And I was a 30-40 a day smoker for nearly 15 years.

I normally use 1.2 to 1.8 coils depending on stock. (Normally 1.5) with 12 or 18mg juice. And I normally vape at around 6-8 watts. From what i've seen that's really low but it works for me. I'm also a Mouth-to-Lung vaper.

Now to the subject at hand... I recently replaced my Cool Fire IV with an Innokin Kroma as the Cool Fire IV had seen better days and didn't seem to be holding as much charge anymore. I had used it heavily for over 2 years after all.

The Kroma came with an Innokin Slipstream tank with a 0.8 coil fitted which I just don't seem to be getting along with. To get anything from it at all I have to use a wattage of at least 30 watts which just spits hot juice into my mouth so no thanks. I've been using it with my existing Aerotank and 1.5 coils just fine.

But now i'm looking at alternatives to the Aerotank. I'd like to use the Slipstream as it suits the Kroma nicely but the highest coils available seem to be 0.8.

So far i've narrowed it down to the Kanger Toptank Nano (I really like the idea of using top fill instead of bottom fill) or the Innokin Endura T20 Prism. Or maybe stick with the Aerotank? I'm just interested in any better options out there.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I’ve got the perfect tank for you....drum roll please.....the Uwell crown tank. They have a crown 2&3 but you want the original. They have a .25,.5,and 1.2 or 1.6 I’m not sure because I use the .5 coils. Which by the way I suggest you try because they are awesome as heck. Sorry about my language but the tank and coils are that good. Enough to make me lose control and say words like heck and great googallymoogally. The tank comes with a .5&.25 coil so you can try them before you go for the 1.2/1.6 coil that you prefer. The tank don’t leak and provides great flavor and clouds. Another reason to try the .5 coils is that they’re stainless steel so you can use them in TC or power mode. The 1.2/1.6 coils are kanthal so only power for them. Anyhow good luck and I hope you find what your looking for. To the moderators-please don’t ban me for using the saucy language in this post. I’m just really jazzed about this tank. See there I go again jazzed :facepalm:

I’ve got the perfect tank for you....drum roll please.....the Uwell crown tank. They have a crown 2&3 but you want the original. They have a .25,.5,and 1.2 or 1.6 I’m not sure because I use the .5 coils. Which by the way I suggest you try because they are awesome as heck. Sorry about my language but the tank and coils are that good. Enough to make me lose control and say words like heck and great googallymoogally. The tank comes with a .5&.25 coil so you can try them before you go for the 1.2/1.6 coil that you prefer. The tank don’t leak and provides great flavor and clouds. Another reason to try the .5 coils is that they’re stainless steel so you can use them in TC or power mode. The 1.2/1.6 coils are kanthal so only power for them. Anyhow good luck and I hope you find what your looking for. To the moderators-please don’t ban me for using the saucy language in this post. I’m just really jazzed about this tank. See there I go again jazzed :facepalm:

Reactions: petrotech

smoked

Dec 29, 2015
I recently bought a Pico which came with a melo3 mini, tried the .5 cook that came with it and didn't like it at all
Just me but the sub ohm vape is just to hot not for me. So I picked up some triton 1.8's and run it around 9.8 WTS and it's great. Easy on juice and battery. Been on a nautilus for a couple of years and it's very similar
Did put smaller 510 drip tip on it and so far No Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread