Can you vape PG on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of new to vaping, but I've been using flavoured e-juice that I've bought online to refill my cartomizers. I know the bases are PG or VG, but I'm wondering: do you actually need to mix nicotine/flavouring into it, or could you just refill with solely bases? I ask because I could buy a 500ml bottle of USP grade PG for a very cheap price and I'm not too interested in the nicotine content or the flavour. I stopped smoking so that I could break the nicotine addiction, not continue with it.

Would this be feasible and would it give the same throat hit feeling that the nicotine stuff gives?

Thanks. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm sort of new to vaping, but I've been using flavoured e-juice that I've bought online to refill my cartomizers. I know the bases are PG or VG, but I'm wondering: do you actually need to mix nicotine/flavouring into it, or could you just refill with solely bases? I ask because I could buy a 500ml bottle of USP grade PG for a very cheap price and I'm not too interested in the nicotine content or the flavour. I stopped smoking so that I could break the nicotine addiction, not continue with it.

Would this be feasible and would it give the same throat hit feeling that the nicotine stuff gives?

Thanks. :)

Sure, you can vape Pure PG.

It might be a Tad Harsh and it might not Taste all that great, but you can do it.

Nicotine does give some amount of TH. It depends on How Much Nicotine though. So if you were using 12mg and then tried 0mg, you would notice a Small Drop in TH.

But if you were using 36mg and then went to 0mg, the drop in TH might be Very Noticable.

The stuff I'm currently using is 24mg, so would that be a big change? The reason I vape now is because I enjoy the throat hit. Only thing stopping me from picking up a real cig really.

Also, whilst on the subject. Can you buy the nicotine to mix separately? If so, what would I be looking for exactly? And what kind of balance would I be after, in terms of percentages?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Sure, you can vape Pure PG.

It might be a Tad Harsh and it might not Taste all that great, but you can do it.

Nicotine does give some amount of TH. It depends on How Much Nicotine though. So if you were using 12mg and then tried 0mg, you would notice a Small Drop in TH.

But if you were using 36mg and then went to 0mg, the drop in TH might be Very Noticable.
Very noticabe indeed. PG on it's own does not hold up...........I would certainly add some type of flavoring.

:)Wiz!

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
I am down to 10mg nic and if I go below that without menthol or some other 'simulated' throat hit additive I get pretty much 0 throat hit.

I've vaped pure PG and it was like breathing slightly flavored hot air.

Nicotine is not the thing that kills ya with smoking, it's everything else. The nicotine is hardly any different than caffeine, I totally support getting off any addictive substance. I'm down at around 10mg like I said but I vape heavy.. 6-15ml a day.

For comparison regarding my level of addiction, I drink 2-3 sodas a day (cans) I vape 6-15ml of 10mg nic juice a day. If I go a couple days without my vaporizer I hardly feel anything... maybe get a slight headache. If I don't have some caffeine before dinner time I've got a raging headache and I'm very likely to destroy any organism that gets too close to me.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
The stuff I'm currently using is 24mg, so would that be a big change? The reason I vape now is because I enjoy the throat hit. Only thing stopping me from picking up a real cig really.

Also, whilst on the subject. Can you buy the nicotine to mix separately? If so, what would I be looking for exactly? And what kind of balance would I be after, in terms of percentages?

First, if you go from 24mg nic juice to 0mg you will notice a dramatic change in the throat hit.

Second, you can get just nicotine juice. It is generally available in concentrations of 100 mg/ml or less. You then mix it with PG and/or VG to get the nicotine strength you want. There are also concentrated flavors available. Check out RTS Vapes- DIY Electronic Cigarette Supplies - Liquid Nicotine for concentrated nic juice and flavoring. I also highly encourage you to check out the DYI E-Liquid forum for a wealth of information on making your own juice.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I think you would Diffinately Notice it if you went from 24mg to 0mg.

Can I make a Suggestion?

If you are Not Passed the point where you want a Cigarette, I wouldn't change Anything. I would just focus on getting some time under your belt Cigarette Free.

Get those Damn Cigarettes behind you and then you can Try all kinds of things and Not Worry so much about Falling Off and going back to Cigarettes.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
I now vape 0 % nic. juice , and you can vape ) nic. as well , but if you want TH , you will have to add something to your PG . I use a few drops of a menthol flavoring . Gives me something that mimics TH , even at 0 nic .And as said in an earlier post , plain PG ain't all that great . You might want to add atouch of some kind of flavor , be it , coffee , tobacco , fruit , or whatever . Good Luck , and if you found a cheap place to purchase PG in bulk , please let us know .

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I stopped smoking so that I could break the nicotine addiction, not continue with it.

One last thing.

Don't ever think your were just Addicted to Nicotine when you Smoked Cigarettes. No Way !!! You were also Addicted to the 3000+ Chemicals in Cigarettes.

Why do you think the Cigarette Companies Put these Chemicals into Cigarettes? It doesn't make a Cigarette Cheaper or Easier to Make.

No, they put them into Cigarettes because they know that Many of the Chemicals they ad to Cigarettes are Extreemly Hard to quit once you are Addicted to them.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not smoked a real cigarette in about five months, so it's not that I'm addicted to them. I just miss the feeling of holding a cigarette and smoking it. I don't need them anymore, I just crave that feeling. This is why I bought an e-cig. ...

I hear you. That is the Mental part of Quitting Analogs that is hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread