Can't fill my Rocket without flooding the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukewheeler

Sep 6, 2013
London, UK
I love my Rocket. I know it's a cheap kayfun clone that can't beat the real thing, but in most cases, it vapes like a dream.

I have one issue. I simply can't fill the thing without it getting flooded. The second after I block the air hole, open the top cap (it doesn't have a fill valve, at least not the Rocket I have, it was an air flow control ring thing instead with two holes you can open / close by twisting the ring), fill, screw the head on half way, flip upside down, open the air hole, and screw the head the rest of the way down, the thing is flooded. I get gurgley, nasty hits with no vapour. I blow through the air hole, it gurgles for a bit then sounds like it clears. I take a hit, it gurgles. I repeat this blowing several times, it eventually sorts itself out, and by this point I've normally lost half the juice I filled it with.

It's so frustrating! I'm pretty new to RBAs so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. The first time this thing was filled it was done by the guy in my local vape store — no gurgling, flooding, or issues in general. I however, can't seem to achieve the same thing.

What are the basics of filling a Kayfun style RBA through the top? I know it works on a vacuum and air pressure and all that jazz, but I just don't understand it properly so I know I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone who sheds some light on this that fixes my vaping woes wins a prize of some sort.

Thank you!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have the dream bt804 and my preferred way of filling is to block the mouth piece, turn upside down and unscrew the former bottom/now top of the tank, fill the correct amount of juice, screw it back on, turn back upright and pull the plug. The plunger from a small syringe makes a good plug, a q-tip will work as well...store in a little plastic for future use and toss after a few uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread