The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can't get my Berserker v1.5 mini working.

Discussion in 'Vandy Vape' started by jakab, Sep 13, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jakab

jakab Full Member

Aug 25, 2019
    I just bought the Berserker v1.5 mini and cannot build it properly. It's my first MTL tank.
    I only get (very) hot air with no clouds.
    I'm using Vandy Vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Coils - 30GA*2+38GA.

I'm attaching pictures (my 3rd try of wicking). What am I doing wrong?

IMG_6796.jpg IMG_6800.jpg

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi,
    What it the resistance of the build?
    How many watts are you feeding it?
    Do you get no vapor or just no clouds?
    That atty is a MTL unit and clouds are secondary to flavour.
    Are you using the coil(s) that came in the box?
    Did you pre-glow the coil before wicking to ensure no hot spots and even heating? (a must with contact coils)
    What is the PG content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
    I

3. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @jakab, could you tell us what the ID of the coil you're using is please? Also are you using Kanthal or Stainless Steel?

Usually 2.5mm or less is what seems to work best in MTL atomisers, hopefully though we'll sort you out though somewhat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jakab

jakab Full Member

Aug 25, 2019
    The resistance is 0.7 ohm (as it should be). I'm feeding it 15W (also tried 20W but no difference).
    I'm not sure what the exact difference between vapor and clouds is, but I'm getting neither. Just a small puff of something. But I get a subtle "bubbly boiling" sound, which should not be there I think.
    I'm not using coils that came with the box, but the vendy ones I pasted.
    I've pre-glown the coils and have a nice central glow without hotspots.
    I'm using 30:70 PG:VG.

Anyway, yesterday I was a bit desperate to try MTL, so I bought a innox zlide with 1.6ohm coil head and it's like night and day. The zlide with normal vapour with the same liquid. I'm missing something. Should I try higher ohms? I was thinking to get a bit more MTL vapor with 0.7 ohm...

5. Mordacai

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @jakab, I'm leaning towards a slight wicking issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Smoke-fee

Smoke-fee Full Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Sounds like you might be over stuffing the juice holes with cotton. Watch this video it should help

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mordacai

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @jakab, some rebuildables are like that. Finicky and awkward.

Exvape Expromizer V3 Fire & V4 (used V4, not built one of my V3 Fire's yet but they're definitely more airy than the V4), Ulton Tripod ( Atmizoo Tripod clone) are good RBA's, Tripod's are very interesting due to being able to do MTL or MTL depending upon how you set them up. Plus also with bottom airflow it's a flavour chasing RTA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jakab

jakab Full Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Thanks for the video!
    I used the coil that came with the berserker and it worked OK. Once I started to pay extra attention to the wicking (like in the vid) it worked perfectly. Now I almost always wick it right (if I'm not in a hurry).

The strange thing is, that I used the "Vandy Vape Superfine MTL coils" in another RTA they didn't work again. No vape/clouds at all. I don't understand, on paper they look fine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    15W is very low power for such a high mass coil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. MartinD

MartinD Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2017
    Try simple kanthal coils.28ga,6-7 wraps,2mm(or 2,5mm if you like warm vape) id...About 12w...

11. Gcnc76

Gcnc76 Full Member

Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    By looking at the picture I'm almost positive that the end of your Eire is sticking out enough to touch the chamber when you screw it on. Right where it comes out from under the screw, there isn't much clearance there, that's why they notched the parts beside the screws, so you can bend your wire back there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. RuiG

RuiG Super Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    That was great spoting. Seems there's all chance for a short there.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gcnc76

Gcnc76 Full Member

Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I loved the previous mini version, and now have the 1.5, and I'm amazed at how little clearance there is in there. Looking at the pics again today, I'm 100% positive that is the issue here. If the airflow is right for you though, once you get acquainted with this atty, they're amazingly reliable and tasty! Just ordered my first Kayfun, the lite 2019, so we'll see this week how much or little I actually know about what's actually good!

• Like Like x 1
  14. VANTA

VANTA Full Member

Jan 13, 2020
    I would definitely agree from looking at the photos. There are good utubes available on how to do this. I have a Berserker from vandy vape and until I got the wicking right I too suffered problems. All well now though.:)

15. VANTA

VANTA Full Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Glad you got your Berserker working. Once your used to it's peculiarities it's a good tank. :thumbs:

16. VANTA

VANTA Full Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Yes your right! that was well spotted.:thumbs: