Can't get my Berserker v1.5 mini working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakab

Aug 25, 2019
I just bought the Berserker v1.5 mini and cannot build it properly. It's my first MTL tank.
I only get (very) hot air with no clouds.
I'm using Vandy vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton coils - 30GA*2+38GA.

I'm attaching pictures (my 3rd try of wicking). What am I doing wrong?

IMG_6796.jpg
IMG_6800.jpg

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just bought the Berserker v1.5 mini and cannot build it properly. It's my first MTL tank.
I only get (very) hot air with no clouds.
I'm using Vandy Vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Coils - 30GA*2+38GA.

I'm attaching pictures (my 3rd try of wicking). What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 837945 View attachment 837943
Hi,
What it the resistance of the build?
How many watts are you feeding it?
Do you get no vapor or just no clouds?
That atty is a MTL unit and clouds are secondary to flavour.
Are you using the coil(s) that came in the box?
Did you pre-glow the coil before wicking to ensure no hot spots and even heating? (a must with contact coils)
What is the PG content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
I

jakab

Aug 25, 2019
Hi,
What it the resistance of the build?
How many watts are you feeding it?
Do you get no vapor or just no clouds?
That atty is a MTL unit and clouds are secondary to flavour.
Are you using the coil(s) that came in the box?
Did you pre-glow the coil before wicking to ensure no hot spots and even heating? (a must with contact coils)
What is the PG content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
I

The resistance is 0.7 ohm (as it should be). I'm feeding it 15W (also tried 20W but no difference).
I'm not sure what the exact difference between vapor and clouds is, but I'm getting neither. Just a small puff of something. But I get a subtle "bubbly boiling" sound, which should not be there I think.
I'm not using coils that came with the box, but the vendy ones I pasted.
I've pre-glown the coils and have a nice central glow without hotspots.
I'm using 30:70 PG:VG.

Anyway, yesterday I was a bit desperate to try MTL, so I bought a innox zlide with 1.6ohm coil head and it's like night and day. The zlide with normal vapour with the same liquid. I'm missing something. Should I try higher ohms? I was thinking to get a bit more MTL vapor with 0.7 ohm...

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@jakab, some rebuildables are like that. Finicky and awkward.

Exvape Expromizer V3 Fire & V4 (used V4, not built one of my V3 Fire's yet but they're definitely more airy than the V4), Ulton Tripod ( Atmizoo Tripod clone) are good RBA's, Tripod's are very interesting due to being able to do MTL or MTL depending upon how you set them up. Plus also with bottom airflow it's a flavour chasing RTA.

Reactions: VANTA

jakab

Aug 25, 2019
Thanks for the video!
I used the coil that came with the berserker and it worked OK. Once I started to pay extra attention to the wicking (like in the vid) it worked perfectly. Now I almost always wick it right (if I'm not in a hurry).

The strange thing is, that I used the "Vandy Vape Superfine MTL coils" in another RTA they didn't work again. No vape/clouds at all. I don't understand, on paper they look fine.

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
By looking at the picture I'm almost positive that the end of your Eire is sticking out enough to touch the chamber when you screw it on. Right where it comes out from under the screw, there isn't much clearance there, that's why they notched the parts beside the screws, so you can bend your wire back there.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
By looking at the picture I'm almost positive that the end of your Eire is sticking out enough to touch the chamber when you screw it on. Right where it comes out from under the screw, there isn't much clearance there, that's why they notched the parts beside the screws, so you can bend your wire back there.

That was great spoting. Seems there's all chance for a short there.

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Yeah, I loved the previous mini version, and now have the 1.5, and I'm amazed at how little clearance there is in there. Looking at the pics again today, I'm 100% positive that is the issue here. If the airflow is right for you though, once you get acquainted with this atty, they're amazingly reliable and tasty! Just ordered my first Kayfun, the lite 2019, so we'll see this week how much or little I actually know about what's actually good!

VANTA

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the video!
I used the coil that came with the berserker and it worked OK. Once I started to pay extra attention to the wicking (like in the vid) it worked perfectly. Now I almost always wick it right (if I'm not in a hurry).

The strange thing is, that I used the "Vandy Vape Superfine MTL coils" in another RTA they didn't work again. No vape/clouds at all. I don't understand, on paper they look fine.

Glad you got your Berserker working. Once your used to it's peculiarities it's a good tank. :thumbs:

VANTA

Jan 13, 2020
Yes your right! that was well spotted.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread