Can't taste strawberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I guess this has been mentioned before but I too, can't taste strawberry in an e liquid. Been mixing for a few months now and I have tried numerous acclaimed recipes on ELR but I can't taste the strawberries. Tried TPA Strawberry & Strawberry Ripe, Capella Sweet Strawberry, RF Strawberry, Inawera Shisha Strawberry, TPA Strawberries and Cream etc etc etc. Just this afternoon I caught a tiny taste of strawberry (shisha) from yet another highly praised recipe but at the second draw it was gone again. Just that little taste has given me hope that I might still be able to taste my favorite fruit one day.
Does anyone know of any tips or recommendations for me? TIA:thumb:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all

I guess this has been mentioned before but I too, can't taste strawberry in an e liquid. Been mixing for a few months now and I have tried numerous acclaimed recipes on ELR but I can't taste the strawberries. Tried TPA Strawberry & Strawberry Ripe, Capella Sweet Strawberry, RF Strawberry, Inawera Shisha Strawberry, TPA Strawberries and Cream etc etc etc. Just this afternoon I caught a tiny taste of strawberry (shisha) from yet another highly praised recipe but at the second draw it was gone again. Just that little taste has given me hope that I might still be able to taste my favorite fruit one day.
Does anyone know of any tips or recommendations for me? TIA:thumb:
Have you tried putting 2 different strawberry flavor together in 1 mix? That can boost flavoring a bit. Try TPA Strawberrry Ripe and FA strawberry. You can use 1 as the dominate flavor at whatever % you mix at and then use the other one at half of that %. Hope it works for you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes you do need more or higher amounts of a flavor that you can't normally taste. Oddly, some folks have success by putting a much smaller amount of say, a different fruit like a rasberry or a forest berry type flavor or something.

If it helps at all I taste strawberry just fine and I find it universally foul. I have yet to meet a strawberry that tastes at all like the real thing they all taste like cough syrup and bad syrup at that, same with cherry for me. I don't even bother anymore with cherry.

Good luck, are there other flavors you like that you can taste? I mean,. some stuff in life you just kinda have to give up on.

Like, I will never know what it's like to you know, enjoy flying and stuff, that's just kinda how it is. Not to be defeatist but sometimes there are times when it's good to know how to like, give up inn disgust. Etc.

Anna

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Some flavors are very strong to me and others, I can barely taste. I end up using almost double percentages and that usually works for me. If there are several flavors in my mix, I drop percentage for the ones that are dominant and increase the weak one.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Allan64 - You might want to try OneStopDIY shop's flavoring called Succulent Strawberry. It's one of their own proprietary "One Stop Blends" that is liked by quite a few DIYers on ECF. All their One Stop Blends and One Stop Flavors are made so they can be used singly...by adding just some of it to your own PG, VG, and nic base, to make a finished eliquid. (Same type of thing that some companies call "one shots" or several other names.) The Succulent Strawberry is pretty potent, and to me, it does tend to get stronger as the mix ages. So you may want to start with 5% of it, or less, at first.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    I have the same issue with strawberry vapes. It's not that i can't taste it at all, but it's just a faint taste of something remotely resembling a strawberry. Tried every strawberry recommended, and at different percentages. Even tried adding sweetener which I ordinarily don't use, because a couple of mixers said it helps brings out the strawberry taste. That didn't work either. Finally gave up.

Reactions: stols001

Ablonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
    @Allan64 Strawberry seems to be a small problem for a few people. I for one have a tester you could try. It does not use a lot of flavoring but could hold true to the lower flavoring is better. I usually just shake and vape. My variant has Cucumber added, quite refreshing but could be omitted if you so choose. Circus Cotton Candy (TFA)@ 1%, Cucumber (CAP) @ 0.25%, Juicy Lemon (CAP) @ 0.25%, and Strawberry Ripe (TFA) @ 3%. Give it a whirl and let me know your thoughts.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2018
    I have the same problem. I'm currently vaping my Unicorn's milk clone which has 10% strawberry ripe. I just get a little strawberry for the first 2 hits of this juice only if I had been vaping something else without stawberry in it before. But then again, it also has about 15% of other creams and stuff.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 29, 2018
    Huntsville, AL
    I've found that TFA/TPA Strawberry is way to chemical for me and I couldn't taste Strawberry until I started using IN Strawberry Shisha. I still find I have to use it in higher percentages than most people have recommended though. I'm happy between a total of 15% and 18% total flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread