Can't use as Passthrough when hooked up to my computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Hey guys, sorry about posting so many threads the past few days.. I bought the eVic yesterday morning and have lots of questions/concerns for a device that I'll use everyday, all day.

I'm noticing that when I plug my eVic into my desktop computer, it charges at connects to my computer just fine; but I can't take a passthrough-puff/drag? I'm pretty sure I should be able too, am I right?
.... I'm using Windows 7 (admin account also), and I installed the MVR-software before ever plugging my eVic into my comp to avoid any issues. MVR also recognized my eVic no problem, I typed in my name and age and such and uploaded to my eVic..

What I haven't done is updated my firmware to Version 1.3, my eVic came with V 1.2 and I wanted to mess around with it a bit before I updated it. But it's hooked up to my desktop now charging, and I think I'll just go ahead and update to 1.3 right now

Thanks in advance! :)

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Firmware update to V1.3 solved this issue!! Sorry should've have updated before I posted this.. I also noticed that it's showing the little thermometer (temp-warning) at the bottom of my main screen, it reset the date (but not the time?), and it doesn't say "Uploading" when plugged into my USB (only says "Charging" now, which makes sense)..

Sorry guys, mods you can delete this thread.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
I actually maxed my temp warning (70c? I think...)...just so I won't be bothered with that warning light.

Oh, and you can't use it as a passthrough when it's attached to the computer since it's recognizing the evic in "uploading" status. Pseudo-passthrough on an evic can be done while it's charging from a power source other than a computer.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I actually maxed my temp warning (70c? I think...)...just so I won't be bothered with that warning light.

Oh, and you can't use it as a passthrough when it's attached to the computer since it's recognizing the evic in "uploading" status. Pseudo-passthrough on an evic can be done while it's charging from a power source other than a computer.

Misconception, does work on PC as long as set to charge only through MVR. From Joyetech:
The eVic has two modes when the USB cable is plugged in. If plugged into non-data power source, the eVic will begin charging with pass-through enabled. If the eVic recognizes that data transfer is possible, it defaults into a data transfer connection that still allows charging but not pass-through. In this case the “Charge Only” option in My Vapor Record program must be selected to switch it to the charging/pass-through mode. This means that pass-through will not be possible on some types of connections that allow data but where you can not run the MVR program (such as a car radio with USB).

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
I was actually just noticing all this just before I read your guys' last 2 posts.. When I hook my eVic up to my computer; the screen shows the flashing lightning bolt over the amount of battery life (as it would if plugged into the wall) as normal, and it shows "Charging..." and "Uploading...". This leads me to 2 more questions for you guys if you can help:

- When I hit the button to fire (using pass-through, hooked up to my computer), it goes from the "Charging../Uploading.." screen to the main screen, and than I have to hit the fire button again to take a 'pass-through Puff'.. Than it goes back to the "Charging..." screen, but no longer says "Uploading", and isn't connected with MVR on my computer even though it's still charging from the USB/comp.. My question is: Is there anyway to get it to get the eVic to connect back to my computer/MVR again, without having to unplug and re-plug the USB cable to my eVic again?

- And I also noticed it takes me a lot of force to actually plug my USB cable into my eVic.. I have to really push hard, I'm afraid I'm going to damage my eVic's USB port on the inside of the control head, by using so much force?? I also think I noticed that one time, my eVic didn't even recognize the USB cable when I plugged it in from my wall adaptor, I had to unplug and re-plug into my eVic.

Thanks again! :)

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Yeah I did try that, I go to "Connect the eVic" and than click "Get Date from eCig" or "Upgrade my eCig" - I get a message saying "Has not found hardware equipment."
... My eVic still shows that it's charging from my comp., but I can't connect MVR with my eVic until I unplug the USB and re-plug it in; than it's in the "Uploading" mode and MVR/my computer recognizes it..

So you can re-connect your eVic without unplugging/re-plugging the USB when it's in "Charging"/passthrough mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread