Caramel and Vanilla for RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I've decided I don't need an actual RY4 for my tobacco mix (I already have several tobaccos including Purilum Sweet tobacco for it's "nutty" flavor) so I'm just looking for suggestions of which caramel and vanilla to use.

I am curious about some good caramels too.

One tip, combine your caramels with cotton candy, marshmallow, and/or meringues... it gives the caramel a rounder flavor note.

One caramel I refuse to go without is FA caramel (carmelo). I heard capella's V1 Caramel is good as well, V2 seems okay to me. I've played with WF caramel butter which smells wonderful in the bottle but I have yet to get it to translate in a mix. It's still rather new to me so I can't really give a solid yes or no on it. Another caramel that's intriguing to me and I am still in the testing phase of it is HS caramel toffee-- I heard it's good.

The vanillas I like are INW Shisha Vanilla and FW Madagascar vanilla. FW Madagascar vanilla has a very faint boozy note to it and the vanilla itself is very strong. It should be used at very low percentages (1% and lower).

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I did a search of ECF and found FA caramel comes up often (so does TFA vanilla swirl but it sounds too sweet for my tastes)
FW Madagascar vanilla sounds perfect. The reason I posted this is so many people like TFA RY4double and to me it's more like butterscotch. I have Hangsens RY1 and it has a nice (almost spicy) tobacco flavor but not enough caramel/vanilla. I've been using a pre-made Vape Wild RY4ever and I love it but going all DIY now.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
oh crap... FW Madagascar vanilla has real sugar... yummy but a coil clogger :confused:

Yes that is an issue with it, the low percentages it's used at helps somewhat. I quit using RY4 double as a traditional tobacco RY4 flavoring. I solely use it for it's caramel element. The only issue is it requires a good amount of steep time to really shine in a mix. I forgot to mention Caramel Candy by Flavor West. It's a fairly decent caramel.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have Hangsens RY1 and it has a nice (almost spicy) tobacco flavor but not enough caramel/vanilla. I've been using a pre-made Vape Wild RY4ever and I love it but going all DIY now.
RY1 from where @vaper1960 ?

I used RTS' Hangsen RY1 concentrate @ 3%, then Nicotine Giant's when they took over RTS.
They've been out for months so I tried Hangsen RY1 "aroma" from somewhere and that's not the same.
Now I have 120ml Hangsen RY1 concentrate from The Steamery in AU and it seems to have the same viscosity & color as RTS/NG's so I'm making a batch.

Where's yours from and from when?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread