Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hi all,

Although I'm pretty much a VV girl and I really like the idiot-proofness and safety features of my Provaris, through divine providence and the wonderful people at craft vapery I'm about to acquire my first mech. :)

They just held the "Chuck Norris Giveaway" for their subscribers last month and I won! It's a seriously freaking amazing bundle and I just about fell over when they announced the winner and it said my name. I haven't received it yet but it should be soon. In short it's a Satin Brass King mod, brass Kraken, Brass Monkee RDA, Sony batteries, charger, coil building tool kit, ohmmeter, wire, ekowool, and the list goes on and on... oh and a 16oz bottle of really good juice!

So what's going to be different between this and my pretty straightforward batteries in - batteries out and otherwise don't think about it Provaris (besides the obvious)? Although I'm okay with sub-ohming I'm not really interested in pushing the limits or cloud chasing. I do build my own coils and have built a Kraken clone and RDAs but I'm mostly wondering about battery safety, things to watch out for, etc. Should I grab some fuses? Through osmosis I've seen pins and switches mentioned - are these something I need to worry about?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks ECF!

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Oh wow! Congrats! :banana:

Besides using good batteries (which you will), the main thing about mechanicals is knowing a couple of things. You need to know your atomizers resistance. Even more importantly, you need to know you don't have a short circuit. I see you have built a Kraken clone and an RDA, so I guess you already have a way of figuring this out. Either a multi-meter or a regulated mod with a resistance checker.

... and don't forget to use the locking ring if you pocket your mechanical. You don't want it stuck firing until bad things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread