Status
Not open for further replies.

Silense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Boulder
Hello ECF,

I come here today to get some tricks and tips on keeping a pure copper mod looking nice and shiny. I do have a Copper Nemesis Clone and I am not a huge fan of the patina on it. I have a the Ember Copper mod on the way and want to keep it looking new. I have heard of using polyurethane, permalac works well to coat the mod, then I have heard it doesn't. Such varying answers. Would simple mother's polish work well?

I want a long term solution to keeping the mod looking nice and not have to coat it every few days. Have no problem doing it once a month or every couple months but want a long-term solution.

Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Search through the postings here for "renaissance wax." Seems like some folks think quite highly of it. I plan to get and try some come next payday.

Renaissance Wax works very well at protecting copper and other metals. It's often used in the jewelry business to keep copper and silver pieces from developing a patina while they are on display.

It does have a downside that should be taken into consideration though. It is a wax, and it will soften and melt in heat.

You could end up with a thin waxy goo covering your hands while you subohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread