Carry cases for your mods, tanks, batteries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
So I asked this when I FIRST joined ECF, but I'm looking into a new carrying case for my gear.

My 2nd Provari is currently in the mail. So my go-to mod will once again be a Provari. I've been without for a while now due to my old one dying on me (my fault, sort of..lol). Since then I've been using my Lavatube v2.

I've got two main tanks I alternate between, being the Aerotank Mega and the Nautilus. Though I have plans of also getting an Aerotank Giant soon.

And I've got close to a dozen 18650 batteries.

So..... I'm in the market for a carrying case (size doesn't really matter though I'd prefer it not being the size of my DSLR camera bags or my laptop bags)... Big enough to hold two fairly large mods, two tanks (mentioned above) and a spare battery or two. I made it a habit to fill my tanks before leaving the house, so between having both tanks, I really don't need to carry liquid around.

So any suggestions? When I originally asked this a long time ago, I ended buying quite a few cases for different purposes. And I honestly don't think a single one was actually designed for vape gear. One was a case for a sony PSP, another for a Nintendo DS, and one was even just a waterproof sunglasses case with a zipper, all of which I handed out to people over time when I got them into vaping.

The case doesn't have to be made specifically for vaping hardware, obviously... anything with the right compartments and adequate protection will do just fine. But I want some fresh ideas (fresh to me anyway). If at all possible and it's not too much trouble, I'd highly appreciate links and/or pictures for any recommendations..

As always, thank you in advance - Finch

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have used an eGo-style case in the past. I liked this particular one because unlike most eGo cases sold by other vendors, this one by Smokeless Image has web pockets whose openings open to the same end of the case so stuff doesn't fall out depending upon how you open the case.

Organizer.jpg X2 carrying case.jpg

This case is large enough to hold two mods. Above you can see my Provari (blue) and Silver Bullet mech mod (white). I didn't typically pack the case with all of those batteries and tanks; I did that only for the pic to show how much gear you can carry in this case.

__

Lately, after accumulating multiple mods & gear over the years and not liking to forget anything left at home, I have been using the following Swiss Gear mini-laptop carrying case. It has three zippered pockets, two carrying handles, as well as a shoulder strap. I can carry nearly all of my vaping supplies and gear in this bag. This may be overkill for yourself, but its been the most convenient solution and what works best for me.

SwissGearcomputercase1.jpg SwissGearcomputercase2.jpg

Last edited:

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
I've tried camera bags, plastic containers and a laptop bag at different times with mixed results. For a mobile carry case, I've settled on the following for now..... A "Vaultz Locking Medicine Case" from WallyWorld. Protective hard outer case. Packs quite a lot of stuff. Easily holds five or six mods plus plenty of juice bottles and batteries. At less than $10, ya can't beat the price! And it even has a real lock.

20140723_085558b.jpg 20140723_085626b.jpg

I do leather carving and tooling so I'm thinking I might hand tool a leather cover for my case! LOL Maybe something like one of my motorcycle bags.....
skullflamesbag1.jpg

For storing all of my gear, juices, tools, atomizers, Kanthal, etc., I use a basic Flambeau 3-Tray Tackle Box from WallyWorld as well. For around $12 it will handle most of my storage needs for the foreseeable future. :)
20140723_104512b.jpg 20140723_104435b.jpg

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
The dual mod case Baditude posted from Smokeless Image looks pretty good. I actually purchased a SIMILAR case once before, but it was designed for smaller batteries so I gave it to a friend who uses the Inferno from Volcano.

The medicine case from Walmart looks promising as well though I'd want to see if they had something similar but smaller. Love the tackle box idea btw, Vaponators.. and great looking leather work too

The case on fasttech looks really good, I simply don't have that much gear. I don't usually look around FT... I'm typically too impatient to wait on the shipping LOL but I'll see if they have something a bit smaller. Thanks flybykite.

I'm on my phone right now, but I've emailed myself a reminder to check out both vapinbagz and maxpedition..

Some really promising stuff so far, thanks everyone. Eager to see what kind of cases others are using too.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
I use this. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007730/1672401-zipper-style-carrying-case-for-e-cigarettes
Great for going away from my main stash of gear. Fits all I need for about a weeks time.

I was looking at that one a few days ago as well. It does look good and I might still order it. Just didn't feel like waiting two to three weeks so I got the medicine case for now.

How do you like the construction on yours? It seems sturdy enough in the pics. I like the fact that it has plenty of room for tube mods, atomizers, box mod and charger.

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
The dual mod case Baditude posted from Smokeless Image looks pretty good. I actually purchased a SIMILAR case once before, but it was designed for smaller batteries so I gave it to a friend who uses the Inferno from Volcano.

The medicine case from Walmart looks promising as well though I'd want to see if they had something similar but smaller. Love the tackle box idea btw, Vaponators.. and great looking leather work too

The case on fasttech looks really good, I simply don't have that much gear. I don't usually look around FT... I'm typically too impatient to wait on the shipping LOL but I'll see if they have something a bit smaller. Thanks flybykite.

I'm on my phone right now, but I've emailed myself a reminder to check out both vapinbagz and maxpedition..

Some really promising stuff so far, thanks everyone. Eager to see what kind of cases others are using too.

Check out the Vape Capsule. I have one and love it. You can self customize the foam insert to suit your needs.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida

I'm with you on the impatience part. I don't like waiting for FT either but my first few orders arrived in about 2 weeks. Not horrible. Quality is hit or miss sometimes but at least they offer returns on defective items. Here's another case from FT. A bit smaller than the one flybykite suggested.
$9.35 Zipper Style Carrying Case for E-Cigarettes - 228*170*60mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I thought you might want to see a few more pics of the medicine case with a mod next to it for size comparison. I don't find it to be too large when it's closed, especially considering all of the gear it can hold. Something to consider for the future. As your collection grows, you'll be able to carry more gear with you. I don't see me ever outgrowing this case but it's still easy enough to carry around.

20140724_110012b.jpg 20140724_110057b.jpg 20140724_110300b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread