Cart selection advice, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisabateman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
South Carolina
I have been vaping for a year and finally quit smoking analogues in January. I have a large variety of juices, from 100% pg to 50/50 etc. etc. I vape heavily. I use an ego battery.

I have been buying cartos from LitCig (mega carts 2ohms-I believe). Boge. I also have some other pre-filled cartosn from different sellers.

Problem: My cartos are "clogging" in about 24 hours of first filling them. Vape gets harder and finally no real taste or vapor (not that vapor is a requisite, but taste IS). Still getting warm/hot. I've tried cleaning them in various ways, with little success. I've tried boiling and rinsing and boiling and letting dry; everclear soaks, blowing them out, resoaking, blowing them out....etc. etc.

I've tried the tank system but have horendous leaking issues.

I hated cartridges. Cartos seem to be easiest to use. (BTW, I take off the white caps and don't put them back on.??)

Advice greatly appreciated. I'm spending too much money on cartos replacing one each day.

Thanking in advancE!

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Yep I was in the same boat. I got sick of those carto's clogging up and performing bad, trying to clean them was a big headache. I've switched to CE2 carto's and have never looked back.

http://www.royalsmokers.com/Cartomizer.html

Strengths:
Flavor is better
Performance is twice as good
Don't need to soak, just rinse and flick dry
Each one can last months if you use clear ejuice.
No cotton/filler material, so minimal performance degradation.

Weaknesses:
Can be tricky to refill (need to use syringe or pop out the third seal)
Tend to leak on occasion (blow through the thread end to remove excess juice from cup)
Very dark juice can easily clog up the element within a week.

Last edited:

DataPhreak

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
A, A
Have you tried the Mega B cartridges yet? I just got my first one in yesterday, and am loving it. I have had some leaking, but I think it's more user error than anything. On the standard 510 cartridges, I find I have to top up every couple of hours, so it wasn't much better than dripping really. After I filled the cartridge, I haven't had to refil yet. 8 hours so far of heavy vaping on this cartridge, and I'm using the lowres version. the wide bridge on the Mega B atomizer also increases wicking. Not a single dry hit the entire time. Vaping Parlament NoBacco from vapor4life.com. It's 100% PG, which is probably why I'm leaking so much. Would likely do better with pure VG or a PG/VG blend.

Edit: Figured out why I was leaking. The batting got stuck to the bridge. I have a habit of twisting the cart to get the tip to line up with the button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread