Carto not feeding tank problem. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
So I've been using smoktech duel coil cartomizers in tanks for over two months now with no issues whatsoever. Up until yesterday. I just received a new batch of 2.5ohm smoktech duel coil cartos in the mail. They are both pre punched with a single hole. I have one in a smoktech DCT tank and another in my new Phiniac tank.

Neither cartomizer is accepting liquid from the tank. Both carto's are primed to the point where the filler won't hold any more liquid. I mean it's sopping wet. The vape is good for awhile, but then the carto gets dry resulting in burn't dry hits. The fluid level in both tanks stays full. I mean it doesn't change at all unless I reprime it.

I have noticed that I don't see any bubbles coming from the hole while vaping. NOTHING. I've been using the same 70/30 juice that I've been using for months. I know for a fact that this liquid works with the single punched smoktech cartos. But just to be sure I enlarged the hole in one of them with a 1/16" drill bit. I'm still getting the same problem. No bubbles, and the level in the tank does not change. The filler material just dries out, and I'm left with dry burn't hits.

I'm perplexed by this. It doesn't make any sense. Did something change with the smoktech carto's? They look the same on the outside. Anybody have any idea's? I'm open to anything at this point.

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
Manual priming will solve the problem; both tanks, though? Seems odd. Could be you have an air bubble, or were unlucky enough to unwrap two dud cartos at once. Might just be the weather. Honestly! I have 3-5 tanks going at any given time, of varying makes and sizes - some days ALL of them will flood continuously, or run dry all day. New cartos, old cartos... don't matter, they all act in tandem. I think weather or air pressure or something messes with tanks considerably.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds like some bad luck with the new cartos. Sounds like everything was fine with your original batch, right?

I'd ditch the two in your tanks and start over with two more. Hopefully they will be fine. If not, you very well might have a whole batch a bad carts. I doubt that the vendor will replace them, but I'd let him know that the cartos that you got from him were all bad and will he make it right, and if not find a new vendor.

It often is not the vendor's fault that the carts are bad. They really can't tell good ones or bad ones just from looks. But if the vendor wishes to keep you as a customer, perhaps he can work out some kind of deal with your next purchase. If not, find another vendor.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I am having the same issues mentioned here. I have 5 tanks going at one time now. One was hitting dry/burnt so I punch a hole it in now it's continuously flooded. Moved on to the next one, the liquid is so think, same thing, punched a hole. Works if you only take a drag every 10 minutes or so, but try 2 in a row and it's dry again. Tried the sucking on the thing without pressing fire, that worked for 3 drags, back to dry. Last night all 5 tanks had some issue or another and nicotine withdrawal became such a problem while trying to fix them, it was analogs (break glass in emergency) for awhile. :facepalm:

Honestly, I've spent an hour after work every day this week trying to fix some problem with tanks. Ironically, the tank I got to work properly and consistently has a sucky juice in it. LOL Oh well, foibles of learning I guess. I was just glad I still had analogs in the house or I would have been up (*^* creek.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have solved my problem. I drilled out the holes in the cartomizers with a 1/16" drill bit. The juice is feeding into my carto's well now. But I'm not so sure that the bigger holes are the sole solution to my problem. It dawned on me last night that I had filled both of these tanks with my new tank filler tool. You know one of those wedge shaped things that snaps onto your carto like a drip tip?

I think it's a bizarre coincidence that I started having these problems the same day that I started using this tank filling tool. My theory is loose, but I think it may hold some water. I'm thinking that after I fill my tank using the tool, and i push it up and out of the tank, it is acting like a plunger in a syringe, pushing the air out of the tank creating a pressure differential. I'm thinking this air pressure differential was not allowing liquid to be fed into the cartos. Now my understanding of stuff like this isn't the greatest, but thats my theory. I haven't used the tank filling tool today, and I've had no problems. Maybe I'll experiment with it in the next few days.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I think it's a bizarre coincidence that I started having these problems the same day that I started using this tank filling tool. My theory is loose, but I think it may hold some water. I'm thinking that after I fill my tank using the tool, and i push it up and out of the tank, it is acting like a plunger in a syringe, pushing the air out of the tank creating a pressure differential. I'm thinking this air pressure differential was not allowing liquid to be fed into the cartos. Now my understanding of stuff like this isn't the greatest, but thats my theory. I haven't used the tank filling tool today, and I've had no problems. Maybe I'll experiment with it in the next few days.

I also use the tank tool and have thought the same thing. At first I was completely filling the tank; all the way to the top. Now I'm careful to leave a little space at the top and it seems to be working better that way. So far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread