Cartomizer "brands"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I see a lot of people talk about carto brands (I use only a 510 so I guess I look at those). I have seen SLB, and a few others, mine that I have right now says "SGS" on the box. (also a little symbol that says "Dekang Inside" I got it from Vapor Flow)

It seems like the "best" brand may not be settled, and very highly debated on here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight as to the available brands, and anything known by them.

Also, I know I have seen some comments here and there, but I think it would be nice to have a compiled list of brands (especially seeing as it isn't that easy to even see a brand before ordering sometimes) for not just cartos but also atties. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the dark, or at least not knowledgeable, about the different brands.

(To clarify, I was also speaking of 510/901, I know that the American brands like Volcano etc. are completely different, but the 510/901 brands, or lack of brands, is more confusing I believe)

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I see a lot of people talk about carto brands (I use only a 510 so I guess I look at those). I have seen SLB, and a few others, mine that I have right now says "SGS" on the box. (also a little symbol that says "Dekang Inside" I got it from Vapor Flow)

It seems like the "best" brand may not be settled, and very highly debated on here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight as to the available brands, and anything known by them.

Also, I know I have seen some comments here and there, but I think it would be nice to have a compiled list of brands (especially seeing as it isn't that easy to even see a brand before ordering sometimes) for not just cartos but also atties. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the dark, or at least not knowledgeable, about the different brands.

(To clarify, I was also speaking of 510/901, I know that the American brands like Volcano etc. are completely different, but the 510/901 brands, or lack of brands, is more confusing I believe)

They are all from China, there are different factories, but they all operate according to a few designs. The labeling is different, the juices are and depending on the Quality Control, the final product. They are all manufactured under the guidelines of Ryan, they hold the patent. The point is: who can explain in the right way what we ask for...the language/cultural difference and the fact that quality is not 100% we get what ever they make...... :2c:

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I believe the SGS are Boge. That's what my hard tops say on the side. The soft tops I have i believe are SLB they have more of a brass look on the connector. I've only ordered blanks though, never tried pre-filled ones.

Should've added mine are blanks. If they all have the same specs how come people have preferred brands like boge?

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I bought a "5 pack" of Mega Cartomizers from NHaler for my eGo/510. They were pre-filled with USA Mix 24mg and came in a white and black box that says "Atomized Cartridge" on the front. On the side panel there are 4 symbols including one that says "Dekang Inside", SGS and a recycle symbol. They have a soft, white cap which I remove and replace with a drip tip which is more comfortable in my mouth.

Four of the Five Cartomizers have worked fine, but one of them has had a nasty taste since day one and no matter how many times I've washed it and dried it out, it still tastes nasty. The next time I think I'm gonna go with the un-filled cartomizers since I prefer my own e-liquids anyway.

With all that said, I really like the cartomizers over the atomizer/cartridge combo. They hold about 20 drops of liquid on a full refill and last a good while before I have to refill using the condom method.

Rich

Last edited:

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
It may not be documented or it may make no difference, but I figured with people talking about voltages varying and the amount of filler changing from brand to brand, maybe there really are technical specifications that vary...

I'm not trying to argue that they're all generic based on one universal model, but that doesn't mean that they don't tweak their specifications...

Just thought some people may know some of their specifications.
To give an example I was thinking along the lines of say maybe one brand is known to have more filler inside than another (and maybe even how it affects performance).

All of those that pulled a few apart, there weren't visible differences in what came out of the inside of the cartos?

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
I read somewhere that the Boge has the heating coil going the entire length of the carto and the other brand... S something... sls?, had the heating coil wrapped into a cylinder shape towards the top ~mouth end~ of the carto.

Apparently the Boge had the hard cap and the other brand had the soft cap, but I don't know if this a rule of thumb that can be counted on.

So, there you have it... the extent of my awareness on them and it is all hearsay.

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
As an aside, I have had both the soft and the hard cap (510) atomizers. These were both from the same vendor. As it is now, I prefer the hard cap ones because the heat is more dispersed and they also seem to perform better. I really thought that I would like the soft cap more, but as it turns out I don't.

If there were a soft cap with the heating element going the entire length of the carto, then I might enjoy that more as I would like to use a mouthpiece. Even so, these cartos are fabulous! So much cleaner, and far less fiddling! Great taste too!

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
As an aside, I have had both the soft and the hard cap (510) atomizers. These were both from the same vendor. As it is now, I prefer the hard cap ones because the heat is more dispersed and they also seem to perform better. I really thought that I would like the soft cap more, but as it turns out I don't.

If there were a soft cap with the heating element going the entire length of the carto, then I might enjoy that more as I would like to use a mouthpiece. Even so, these cartos are fabulous! So much cleaner, and far less fiddling! Great taste too!

Thanks for the few tips, I ordered some cartos from the coop, but I have just been confused by the different talk of different cartos, and it really is hard to follow anything.

Interesting to hear you like the hard cap more, at least I have that to look forward to. Maybe someone else can chime in and see if everyone has had that same experience with soft/hard caps, especially since it seems like there may be a lot of knock-offs without any branding. (That or the QC has to be horrible with people getting such different results)

By the way I also agree, I love cartos, I don't think I'd switch, but people know about the Joye/SLB/knock-off atomizers etc., I'm a bit annoyed that we don't have brands or specs or any good compilation of information to go off of.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I read somewhere that the Boge has the heating coil going the entire length of the carto and the other brand... S something... sls?, had the heating coil wrapped into a cylinder shape towards the top ~mouth end~ of the carto.

Apparently the Boge had the hard cap and the other brand had the soft cap, but I don't know if this a rule of thumb that can be counted on.

So, there you have it... the extent of my awareness on them and it is all hearsay.

By the way at least one of my cartos (I've been rotating too much) should die eventually, I will try and "disect" it to see if it has the coil at the top instead of through the whole length (it says SGS or something on the side, I'm pretty sure it's NOT Boge though)

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
LiteCigUSA now has both Boge and SLB soft cap cartomizers in stock. That way you could try both and see which you like the best. The Boge have an aluminum battery connector, and the SLB have a brass connector. Some prefer one, some the other, but it seems that the Boge may have the edge on overall user preference.

I've only tried the SLB and have been quite satisfied with them. At first Boge made only hard cap, but now offer both.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
LiteCigUSA now has both Boge and SLB soft cap cartomizers in stock. That way you could try both and see which you like the best. The Boge have an aluminum battery connector, and the SLB have a brass connector. Some prefer one, some the other, but it seems that the Boge may have the edge on overall user preference.

I've only tried the SLB and have been quite satisfied with them. At first Boge made only hard cap, but now offer both.

do you happen to know the ohm ratings on those, thxs

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

Both SLB and Boge make hard caps and soft caps now. Rule of thumb is the SLB has the brass threads and a coil instead of a straight wire. The Boge has silver threads and a straight wire through the center. Both run around 3.0 ohms unless the supplier has ordered them to be different, in which case they usually say they are different.

If you pull the top and look down inside, on the Boge you can see the wire that comes out the top, on the SLB there is no visible wire. The opinions are very mixed on both. The best thing to do is to try both and see what one works the best for you and your vaping style. As Buzzy stated LiteCig carries both brands with the soft caps now, so one stop shopping and free shipping on orders over $15. Makes it easy to try both.

Happy Vaping!!

Having tried both, I can say I like the SLB ones better. Every BOGE one has the same taste/aftertaste to it no matter the juice. Dunno if cleaning them would make a difference but it has been a real put off since I bought 15 of them.

The BOGE does look like it would hold more, being that the filling matierial comes closer to the mouth end of it then the SLB does. But again, not sure what is inside.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Now, see, I love the Boge cartos and get a weird taste with the SLB (brass threads). The Boge, also (for me), take more refills and don't burn as easily. I've never had an SLB last more than one refill before burning or tasting like junk...and many of them have burnt on the first fill. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread