Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have tried to find the best way to clean a carto....but can only find cleaning for atomizers. What do the veterans find the best way to clean these would be??

Fast way:
Get a glass of the hottest water from the tap you can get. Take a turkey baster, pop the bulb off, toss in the carto, replace the bulb. Now putting the baster in the glass of hot water, squeeze the water in and out a bunch of times. Some people like to put their cartos on a string and swing them in a Pete Townshend windmill maneuver outside to dry them.

mindshatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
So I have been reading about this for quite some time now. I knew I was eventually going to need to clean some of my cartos and wanted to know about the different options. I bought the oral syringe from Walgreens and used the hot water from the coffee machine which is steaming but not boiling. I used the syringe with the cone and did the wash about 10 times through 3 different fills of water. Then I just used arm speed to whip the majority of the water out. The next day this thing is dry. I will use it again soon and let you all know how it worked.

Reveen

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
My carto was beginning to get clogged because of the juice so I boiled it for 15 minutes, let it dry for about 5 days and it hits perfectly! Simple and efficient :)

This is all I do and it seems to work very well. I usually boil about 5 at a time. Just make sure you let them dry long enough...I'd recommend standing them up on a paper towel or putting them in a bowl of rice to draw the moisture out faster.

Grantah

Mar 22, 2012
Lancaster, SC
I have some serious reservations concerning the use of store-bought alcohol, even 90% alcohol. Think about that what that other 10% might consist of... it's probably not something you want to vape.

Just a warning to everyone.
DO NOT USE ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (Rubbing alcohol)!!!! It should never be used for human consumption in any form you cold die from it. Instead use ETHANOL ALCOHOL, (Vodka, Everclear, etc.)

I apologize if someone has already said this, I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet...

G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Suicidebob

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Pasadena, CA
I clean my cartos in an ultra sonic cleaner. I use vodka, let them soak for about 2 hours, push the on button, and repeat about 3 times over a six hour period and then let them soak over night. In the morning I let them dry in front of a fan. So far, this has worked for me. I've used the same carto for about a month. Generally I won't change juices. If I do- it still isn't bad.

:)

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I used the oral syringe too because it was all I had. It works but it's quite straining on one's arms and patience. The turkey baster is the better option. Upgrade, my friend. The oral syringe has more pressure though which can still be useful for getting out dark juices. I only vape clear juice though that I make myself so the turkey baster is win and as a vegan I really only have the one use for it, cleaning cartos! :)

As far as drying goes, I find that although they look dry they are often wet inside and the carto doesn't vape right, can give you a dry atty, and won't hold as much juice, or last as long between cleanings if you don't dry them in the oven on 250f for 15 minutes. To make sure I do it 2-3 times in a row with 5 minute cooldowns in between. Even after that they should still sit out for a day or two to make sure they are good and dry. Otherwise you will find that you wasted juice, possibly damaged a carto, and then have to start the cleaning process all over again. It's a real drag. It's best to start this cleaning process right when you start with a fresh carto, that way when it wears out and needs cleaning you'll have some ready to go. This process really doesn't get less stressful until you have about 10 of them that you cycle through. I only use 4 flavors at the moment. Inevitably some will eventually die. I have a Boge 2.0 LR that only gives me dry atty hits. Not sure what happened there.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I'm now a believer in what I'm calling the "3B's carto cleaning method":

Boil - repeatedly until water is clear, and doesn't smell funky.
Blow - the heck out of it until nothing comes out and then a little more
Bake - I did 170 for about 40 min.

I'm still curious about the taryn spin to assist drying/draining which I haven't tried yet, but I may never get there since this worked fine.

As far as people saying "just chuck em, they're cheap". I'm sorry, but an average $2 a whack depending on the variety, I'm convinced I just saved myself over 20 bucks last night, even after the gas use for pretty minimal effort. At the same time, I don't think I'd do this more than once. I use atties a lot too, and it's quite clear nothing lasts forever.

Puffythegun

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Georgia
As a 80%VG user you PG users have got it made. My daily mix a little sweet so I'm screwed on cart or Tube tank lasting for more than a few days. I use the madvapes rig water boil then Vodka or Grain. My coils are just toast. "But my cartos are just sparkling!" A few drops of "Tito's" vodka does well to thin down some Johnsons Creek VG into some tasty treat. The "Tundra mix with some Tenn Cured is just damn tasty. Li'l rasberry and blueberry added for the weekend in a couple of carts for some stealth vaping in the clubs.
Resistance is futile. Time to get a vv mod. I got my eye on the Apollo in copper.
Boge's clearos & tanks with clearo mod.

Oh and you can vape in a short time with the grain finish and 15 min at 150deg if that. The grain disperses the water and evaporates clean in minutes.

We need a new carto design that supports the PG allergy crowd who must use VG. They have no choice, me I just like the taste of VG over PG.
And the man who invents it will be looked upon as a god.
1294844342392s.jpg

Instant millionaire. Trips to China (the part that sucks) a nicer car, pay off the house...
laie_14.gif
Need product on my desk by october. $ Do it.
Just a thought.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
As a 80%VG user you PG users have got it made. My daily mix a little sweet so I'm screwed on cart or Tube tank lasting for more than a few days. I use the madvapes rig water boil then Vodka or Grain. My coils are just toast. "But my cartos are just sparkling!" A few drops of "Tito's" vodka does well to thin down some Johnsons Creek VG into some tasty treat. The "Tundra mix with some Tenn Cured is just damn tasty. Li'l rasberry and blueberry added for the weekend in a couple of carts for some stealth vaping in the clubs.
Resistance is futile. Time to get a vv mod. I got my eye on the Apollo in copper.
Boge's clearos & tanks with clearo mod.

Oh and you can vape in a short time with the grain finish and 15 min at 150deg if that. The grain disperses the water and evaporates clean in minutes.

We need a new carto design that supports the PG allergy crowd who must use VG. They have no choice, me I just like the taste of VG over PG.
And the man who invents it will be looked upon as a god.
1294844342392s.jpg

Instant millionaire. Trips to China (the part that sucks) a nicer car, pay off the house...
laie_14.gif
Need product on my desk by october. $ Do it.
Just a thought.
Sounds good in theory man. Now only to apply it!

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
Hey I seen this and thought I would chime in... yes agreed DO NOT USE soap at all as you will not be able to get it out of the carto fully.. also I have an easy way to clean cartos. Take PG clear regular PG or VG take the cap off the carto.. over fill with PG only or vg only and then blow it through .. repeat 2-3 times until it comes out clean.. Dry vape it not dry burn but vape it after blowing it out so that the tasteless PG or VG gets vaped out.. ADD LIQUID ENJOY!!

Just did this with a 5ml EDCC worked great!

I know i posted this in other thread but thought it would do great here too!;)

salventura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
North Carolina

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Hey I seen this and thought I would chime in... yes agreed DO NOT USE soap at all as you will not be able to get it out of the carto fully.. also I have an easy way to clean cartos. Take PG clear regular PG or VG take the cap off the carto.. over fill with PG only or vg only and then blow it through .. repeat 2-3 times until it comes out clean.. Dry vape it not dry burn but vape it after blowing it out so that the tasteless PG or VG gets vaped out.. ADD LIQUID ENJOY!!

Just did this with a 5ml EDCC worked great!

I know i posted this in other thread but thought it would do great here too!;)

Does it get the burnt gack off? I've tried all types of cleaning methods, and if there is burnt stuff that tastes bad, nothing works. And why else clean cartos unless they taste bad? Oh, and clogged cartos stay clogged after cleaning, too, in every method I have used.

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
What do you mean invent cartos for VG users? They will prime them with VG if you ask them to, and not that nasty stuff they use.. or what do you mean? I use 100% VG in my cartos not all the time but does work.. basically i think that VG can be thinned down to PG likeness with less than a few drops of distilled water or vodkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread