Cartomizer keeps getting driy for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
I have a new provari 2.5 with ibtanked (complete= tank+cart) and eventhough I primed the cartomizer perfectly, as i use it, the cartomizer just gets dry really quickly, it's like the tank's eliquid isn't even being absorbed through the hole and into the cart... and i end up having to top off the cart over and over again.

does anyone else have this problem?

also, some of the new cartomizers i put in, for example this one i just put in and took a few drags, for some reason already gives me that burnt taste.... are some carts just faulty?

could really use some help or advice on this.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
how long do you keep it at low voltage? 'cuz i did try using low voltage... around 3-3.5 for like 5-6 drags, then work up to 4.. then to 4.9, 5.1

what about carto goign dry though... like my carto sometimes will just go dry after 20-30 min and i will have to prime it again... but i thought i onyl needed to prime it once, and after that, the 2 holes on the carto will just gradually moisterize the carto's wicks inside as i take my puffs... but it doens't seem to do that very well and i always end up having to top off the carto over and over again... like those old school e-cigs, which is a pain in the ....

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
hmm. so what do we do if we have halfling? :\

also, i'm using provape's premium e-juice. it says it's 24 mg 2.4%... doens't specify the vg though. what's this 2.4%?

so what should i do if i have halfling? you think it's my juice having too high a concentration? could you recommend some e-liquids with ration that are better for these cartomizers?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
2.4% is 24mg. I have used the shorty cartos(your hafling size) on a Reos bottom fed mod w/o problems. I couldn't find anything on Provapes web site that gave a percentage of pg/vg for their Premium juices, so I doubt that it is more than 50% vg, which should be ok for a double punched carto. The only thing I can suggest at this time is to lower the volts to say, 4.5v, and try vaping that for awhile and see if it helps you out. Also, if you are chain vaping that could be a reason for the burning also.
Cartos/tanks can be a satisfying vape, but it can also take some experimenting to find what works best for you. You might consider going to the std.(35mm length) carto and tank.
Also, you might go into Provapes forum and ask there what percentage of vg the Premium juices have, so you will know.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
For me the ohm +2 rule that I see folks recommend is way too hot. I use the 3.2ohm cartomizer at 3.9/4.0V 99% of the time. The hotter you run the closer you are to pushing the edge of the equipment, thats batteries, device and cartomizer so it is always best to keep everything dialed down to where it is giving you a satisfying vape and no higher.

Think about it like driving, mashing the gas then the brakes between taking off and slowing down just tears things up quicker.

Also vaping style plays a big part. Long slow draws tend to make that balance for me, I get good vapor in a deep lung hit which means I also get that nic blast.

If you decide to go with OPs advice on the Standard length tank remember that you can swap your existing caps to a different length tube of the same diameter.

Lastly, the HalfLings do tend to seem hotter because you are closer to the coil so with them it is even easier to turn power down. Dark liquids in any cartomizer will foul them faster and this too is more prominent in the HalfLings.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Its all a dance and each person has to figure out how they like to dance.

I just write how I do it, works well for us and most of the folks around us who are vapers but that certainly doesnt mean there are not other tastes and ways to get there.

Nice to see feedback from others though because that lets the next reader see the many ways to skin this cat which should help them in trying different things and hopefully find that sweet spot to live in.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
Its all a dance and each person has to figure out how they like to dance.

I just write how I do it, works well for us and most of the folks around us....

Yesterday I reduced my Provari voltage from 4.5 V to 4.0 V with a 3.2 Ohm Carto. This morning as I was Vaping away my thought was OCD might be on to something here.

For me, it was just as satisfying. Will continue this to see if I get more run time out of the Cartos.

Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread