Cartomizer Mislead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbutton

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
San Jose, CA
Hello ECF,

So when I bought my pyrex tank, I was told by a sales person (via phone) to purchase any 510 standard sized cartomizer. Keep in mind it's only a 3.5ml tank, so it made sense.

When I purchased my cartomizers I was very excited. I bought the 510 black standard cartomizers. When they came in the mail, I was excited to use them in my new tank. However, they didn't fit. The cartomizer would not go through my tank no matter how hard I pushed. In fact, I pushed too hard sometimes and the cartomizer would start to deteriorate.

I noticed that there was a slight difference in size from the black cartomizers and the stainless steel. I noticed that the black ones are a little thicker because of the fact there's paper wrapped around it. So when I noticed this, I ripped off the paper and it just became a regular standard stainless steel cartomizer (defeating the purpose of buying black cartomizers).

I guess my main question is, does anybody know how to remove the black paper that's wrapped around the cartomizers? When I did it the first time, it was quite messy. It took a whole 5 minutes to remove and clean the cartomizer completely from all the stickyness from the paper. I really just want a simple, fast, and convenient way to remove all the black papers from the 15 cartomizers I purchased, without ruining the cartomizers themselves.

Thanks for the help guys! I hope somebody has an idea or has experienced this before as well so that I can find a way to get rid of the ....!

Regards,
Mark

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear you're having this problem mbutto. I have never tried to remove the black paper so I can't help with that. Just wanted to say be careful to remove it and any glue completely before using these in tanks. If you don't you risk dissolving some of what's left in the e-liquid and vaping that. Not sure if it would be harmful, but I can guaranty you it will not make vaping any safer, so it can only be bad.

Vape hard :banana: and vape safe :2cool:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would think it would be more effort than it is worth to try to remove the black sticker from those cartos. Just order some silver stainless steel carts, preferably with the laser-drilled holes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

I imagine that vendor didn't think to tell you not to use the black cartos in the tanks. She probably assumed you knew what your were doing and was only asking about which length of carto to get for that particular tank. Now you've learned a valuable lesson, and by sharing your experience here, others can learn from your beginner's mistake. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread