Cartomizer questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkfifth

Nov 3, 2010
South Jersey
I want to shop around for cartomizers and I have a few questions before I do. I'm using Smoketip, am I correct that it's a KR808D-1? Also, are there different types of cartomizers that are compatible? The ones that came in the starter kit had a metal wire looped over the filler (part of the atomizer?) and I really didn't care for those, hardly any vapor and they tasted funky. Even after cleaning and refilling they still didn't work right. So I trashed those. Luckily I ordered extra cartos with it and they were much, much better, a lot of vapor, good flavor, and when I opened them up they looked different, filler seemed fluffier and that wire wasn't there. No problems cleaning and refilling them. So I've been ordering those and I'm happy with them, but I want to try to save some money, and I want to see if my juices taste better in a blank cart as opposed to a cleaned one. I just don't want to end up with those cartos that came with the kit. Any suggestions?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes I think the Smoketip is a KR808D-1

You could try V4L's premium/wow cartos and their CoolCarts

For me, the premium/wow ones are too hot on my lips. I haven't tried the Coolcart yet.
And a lot of places sell KR808D-1 cartomizers but I don't know which ones are best.

Here is one of the many threads that seem to exist.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-get-them-if-they-color-coded-labeled-5.html

You could also check the Model-specific subforum on this board - should be a thread for KR808D-1

dgr

Nov 20, 2010
Sac of Kalifornia
jk, when one of your better cartos dies, pull the filler out and let us know how the electricity flows. Most KR8 cartos are the simple loop. However, the different cartos available definitely vape differently. I ordered a KR808 from litecigs along with some soft cap cartos. Night and day between the ones that came with the KR and the soft cap ones as far as vapor production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread